Sunday, December 10, 2006

[rosacea] Re: Hi Everyone!

Sleep of Reason: Prednisone is not good for your rosacea. It's a
steroid. At first it's great, your skin seems cured, but then over
time your skin thins and rosacea comes back worse, from what I
understand. I often have patients on long term steroids, and they
often have rosy cheeks. I would wean off off this and find other
alternatives. That said, I most definately appreciate the helping
spirit of your message. Welcome to the group!

Cheers!

Artist

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "sleep_0f_reason"
<sleep_0f_reason@...> wrote:
>
> I was really happy to find your group! I have had this red, hot,
> flushing, blistery, awful stuff on and off since I can remember.
> Dermatologists, allergists, Doctors...been there-done that, just as
> I am sure you all have.
>
> I have accidently found something that does work for me. I took
> Prednisone for inflammation one time, and noticed (thank goodness)
> that my skin healed up rather quickly. The Doctor's didn't want to
> prescribe it for me, and I am NOT going to try and live without
> using it. They gave me all the blah-blah-blah about perhaps having
> problems later on in life, but what about the quality of life NOW? I
> read that alternate day therapy of this drug is accepted, but I use
> it only when I see small signs popping up. (flushing, small
> itchy "things") I buy this drug online now at MexMeds4you, get a
> great price, it comes to my door, I get a phone number/customer
> support, plus a reciept and it comes promptly. I have NEVER had a
> problem with this company.
>
> I don't know if any of you can benefit from this information, but I
> take about 40 mg. for a few days, then taper to 20, then 10. Tanning
> helps, too, but the Prednisone really does a job on it. Please look
> this drug up and all side effects, before you decide to take it. I
> have personally decided that the risk (as there is a risk with ANY
> drug) is well worth it.
>
> My prayers for us all who stuggle with this monster! And again,
> please research this drug and decide carefully.- Sleep
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___