Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Pregnancy - Rosacea Better

Hi everyone,

To add to the juicing thread.......THE absolute best book I have ever read concerning juicing is by Jay Kordasche (not sure if I am spelling his name right...don't have the book in front of me). He is the older man who was written off for dead by the medical community when he was pretty young (can't remember the disease now) and he basically cured himself by juicing. I have his juice machine and his book is all old and falling apart because I love it. I'm not faithful in following it all. Only because it is a hugely expenssive way of life. Four to six carrots and one apple and you only get one glass of juice from that. Given that you are supposed to drink at least four to six glasses of juice a day, well it gets really expenssive, time comsuming and forget about the clean up. All you are doing is cleaning the juicer out all day. And because I wanted to do this way of life for my whole family............well, just think of juicing for yourself, your hu sband, and
four kids. It's almost not doable. At least I found it that way...............PLEASE if there are any juicers out there with big families doing this, I'd LOVE your tips!! Anyway, Jay cured himself with the carrot apple juice and parsley in there too sometimes. This is my favorite juice! It is so unbelievably delicious, you wouldn't believe it. In his book the juice receipes are catorgorized by what they are for/help. There is juice for eyes, skin, indigestion, joint pain, graying hair, hair loss, and on and on. Very user friendly book. Jay likes to say, "when I eat I am a fruitetarian and when I use I am a vegetarian". People obviously like the fruit juices best, but the green juices are best for you. He eats absolutely NO COOKED food. Can you believe it? He says, you don't feed a live organism (that's you and me) with dead food. You feed live organisms with live food. Makes a lot of sense but I can't figure out how to do this even for just me . A while
ago I became very excited about a juicer called The Vitamix. Very expenssive but I just had to have it because I thought it would take care of all my juicing woes. It looks like a blender. It juices the entire fruit/vegetable (it is very powerful) so there is no waste. No pulp/fiber to clean out and throw out or use for baking. They claim that conventional juices that give you only the juice are bad because of possibly contributing to diabetes (not sure I believe it, but makes some sense) but that their juicer gives you the whole food with the fiber in it so there is a balance there; not just pure sugar. Well, I save my pennies and buy this juicer (the cheap one is over four hundred dollars)..........and by the way it is not just a juicer; it will knead dough and bake. It is that powerful. It makes soft serve ice cream (delicious too)...........but the juice I bought it for, well that's another story. Can't explain it, but it is gross (to me at least). It 's thick
and not sweet and just not pleasing texture wise. But the clean up is to die for!!!! It was the selling point I was looking for. To be able to throw the fruit and vegetables into the juicer, mix it up and just rinse on thing out. It was heaven! But the juice stinks LOL..............so, there it sits on my counter top. Five hundered dollars and it comes out maybe a couple times a year to make soft serve ice cream and frappes. I like the juice that comes out of the regular juicers but I hate the clean up. Okay, I'm done. Sorry, but I love juice and wish I could do it more.

Take care,
Elena

nurse_artist <nurse_artist@yahoo.com> wrote:
I want a juicer for Christmas now :D I make smoothies in our blender
with frozen cherries and blueberries and a little water. Usually with
my breakfast. I add a little heavy whipping cream sometimes. YUM.

Artist

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, JanNap66@... wrote:
>
> We juice anything, lol.......we mix all kinds of fruit, including
> berries(blender only) bananas(blender) apples, oranges, pears,
pineapple, you name it.............


---------------------------------
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___