Monday, December 11, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Salt intake

I eat unprocessed sea salt -only- which in my opinion is a lot better (and
even necessary) for the human body than the processed table salt. You can
google and see all sorts of info on that. Come to your own conclusion. I
can definitely say having some sea salt in my diet does nothing adverse to
my rosacea as I as I can tell, but that may be just my chemistry.

I even read one account from a rosacean who supposedly cleared her rosacea
substantially by adding sea salt to her diet. (take that with a grain of
salt of course ;)) I can't say I've had that effect either, unfortunately!
But, a friend of the family was on a salt free diet for years at his doctors
orders. After he went against that, and added sea salt to his diet, he had
a number of conditions inexplicably improve within a month. (not rosacea
though, lol) We evolved from the sea, and my own studies and experience
lead me to believe a certain amount is necessary for optimum health. But
again, the raw unprocessed stuff, not Mortons. ;) Of course, if it seems
to make your rosacea worse, avoid like the devil!!!

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: Ricky Butler
To: rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: [rosacea] Salt intake

I always eat saltless eggs! I do notice salt for me, makes me flush/break
out a bit
I love pringles potato chips..but the salt gets me! salt does this more
than sugar, for me.
I am thin built, usually 160 - 162 lbs at 5"9" but salt makes me retain
more water than the hoover dam!! it goes to my chest , the excess water, I
feel like Dolly Partons brother! haha

nurse_artist <nurse_artist@yahoo.com> wrote:
Anyone notice improvement when eating less salt? My thinking is that
lower salt intake leads to less edema (swelling), which might help
rosacea symptoms because less fluid would be retained to leak out of
the capillaries.

I started thinking about this and ate my eggs without
salt at breakfast today. Not as good.. he he he!

Cheers!

Artist

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___