Monday, December 11, 2006

[rosacea] Re: elena, sorry to hear this

I read quickly through some of the posts, and wanted to mention a
product that has really helped my flushing (also, can relate to the
dry lips, it was almost embarrassing the coming of winter -and in CA-
- but my lips became so parched they were like sand dunes-- I used
some herb mixed with vitamin A&D ointment, it seemed to help). Okay
but re: the retaining of moisture - I have been using eb5 Spa
Essentials product for about 9 months, and use it in conjunction now
with Finacea (a prescription for p&p that is drying but better than
most)...www.eb5.com...on sale 85% off at Amazon.com. so I bought
another "supply"...Anyway, I would not really recommend much else
besides the body scrubs from their website, but with the sale, and
the fact they've been in business since 1908 or something, I decided
to research all the ingredients, and the "Rosewater Toner" has been
super - almost all the ingredients are ...i forget the term, but it
means to retain water, picking up and absorbing water, not like
alcohol bases that use water to separate from the skin...Here are
the ingredients:<br>
Water, Glycerin, Panthenol, Polysorbate-20, Sodium PCA, Sodium
Hyaluronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol,
Equisetum, Arvense Leaf Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Root Extract,
Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract,
Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance,
Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM
Hydatoin<br>
Again, sometimes I use this every 15-30 minutes when my skin is
bothering me, and it has never irritated it. I may be going
overboard but so far so good, and it does not irritate my eyes
either (I put it in a spray bottle, sometimes adding other oils,
like neem). Okay, its super sale, like $27 for 6 bottles, and it was
worth chasing down.

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "khm4aim" <khm4aim@...>
wrote:
>
> Elena
>
> It is possible to overdo the spraying with spring water thing.
>
> as the water evaporates it will pull more out of your skin with it.
>
> You might try cutting way down on the spritzing.
>
>
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@>
> wrote:
> >
> > HI Tamara,
> >
> > Thanks for emailing. Right now I am backing off of
everything.
> It's hard. My skin is so dry right now. Today even my lips are
> dying of thirst! They are not chapped; just seem moisture
starved.
> I feel like a dried up raisin or a cactus plant. So crazy when
you
> think I am drinking 10 to 12 classed of water a day and the green
tea
> too! I just keep filling my humidifier and spritzing myself with
> spring water and Evian and just praying you can't just die from
> dryness! The eyes are a bit scary.
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___