Sunday, December 10, 2006

Re: [rosacea] elena, sorry to hear this

Well Elena, Ive heard many using Estroven with great results and it is a more natural way to go instead of HRT method, and of course there is bio Identical hormones, which is more natural to our own hormones we produce in our body as Premarin (horese urine a form of HRT). Learned alot on this subject for good reasons. Thankfully my ovary produces enough estrogen for two.Bye Elena. tamara

Elena Mutter <emgm42000@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Tamara,

Yes, you know I was thinking of just going into CVS and buying some of that natural stuff, Estrovin, I think it's called. I know a lot of my friends who are going through menopause and having hot flashes swear by it so I thought that'd be the first thing to try. You know, if we didn't have so many members from so many areas of the world suffering from this stupid rotten disease, I'd be tempted to say all I have to do is move to Florida or some other humid, moist paradise and that'd be the end of my problem! But alas, we know better. We have members living in all kinds of moist wet climates who suffer from Rosacea so that can't be the simple answer. Although, maybe we can take a not so scientific study here and find out if our members living in relatively humid/moist areas of the world experience at least less of the dryness, itching, burning, flushing symptoms. That would be interesting to see. Unfortunately, right now I don't see a way to get off the doxycycline
and the other prescription meds either. I don't know why, but I am still subbornly clinging to the believe that RED LED light therapy is the answer and I am looking longingly at my acnelamp. But I won't use it right now. I was somewhat worried about using it just taking the 80 mg. a day of doxycycline and then the 40 mg. a day of the doxy...........no way I'm chancing it at 200 mg. a day! I really don't think (or don't want to believe) that the LED light triggered this current flare. I just know it was that I started too many things at the same time and the added fact that winter just does me in anyway. I hopefully will start again once spring hits and then it will be JUST the lamp so I know for sure. My husband said that once the snow comes there should be moisture in the air again so maybe he's right and it will help. Although, today in New England it feels like it's Spring again............it's so nuts in these parts.........yesterday and the day before that
you could have gotten frost bite; today you can go out in short sleeves, no coat and sunscreen. Weird weather to Christmas shop in LOL!

Take care Tamara,
Elena

rose jill wrote:
Elena, my god, you should just take it easy of everything you are putting on your skin and any antibiotics you are on. You dont want to trigger more problems, thats for sure. Vaseline should be o.k on your lips....at least I hope it does not bother your lips. Elena, it sure took me a long while to finally find a moisturizer that agreed with my skin, so I am sure you have went through long measures to find the right balance for your sensitive skin. Elena, have you had your hormones checked lately too, just wondered about your estrogen level because of your level of dryness. well I just hope things get better soon for you. talk 2 u soon, tamara

Elena Mutter wrote: HI Tamara,

Thanks for emailing. Right now I am backing off of everything. It's hard. My skin is so dry right now. Today even my lips are dying of thirst! They are not chapped; just seem moisture starved. I feel like a dried up raisin or a cactus plant. So crazy when you think I am drinking 10 to 12 classed of water a day and the green tea too! I just keep filling my humidifier and spritzing myself with spring water and Evian and just praying you can't just die from dryness! The eyes are a bit scary. This morning I woke up with a headache and specifically pressure behind my eyes. I called my eye doctor and he said it was all from the severe dryness in the eyes. He said that by the time I saw him Monday he expected me to tell him I was significantly better after the three days of these drops and the high doses of the doxy. These drops sting like hell though for about 3 seconds after you put them in. I am not liking them. They are different than the ones he put me on
last year for this. I don't remember those drops burning me at all so I just want to hurry and be off these. Tomorrow will be the last day of them. I am really thinking there is a hormonal level to this for sure right now. But I lean more to the vascular because of so much heat involved in this. Right now I am just washing with the Eucerine Redness Relief with just cool spring water and letting it air dry. Today I did try putting on a little Noritate and it seemed to be okay and then just on the edges of my hair line I used the Hydrolatum cream. But that's it. Today is the first day that my body feels weird now too. Not like it did a few years ago, but I feel hot and cold at the same time and was uncomfortable in my clothes today. But at least I could bear them on. My little guy kissed my cheek as I dropped him off at Karate and that hurt! Just a gentle kiss but it was sending the nerve endings fire like crazy. Don't want to go down that road again! Well,
going to bed. Sleep is the only escape. Waking up is a drag though. Seems so disappointing to do it all over again. Thanks again Tamara.

Take care,
Elena

tamara wrote:
Hi elena, sorry just seen your posts today....too darn busy at work.
Anyway, You have been through quite the roller coaster ride lately,
geeshh I wish I had the answers for you. Have you decided on the z
cream, I simply want the best for you. Wish you can find a Dr. or derm
SOMEONE...who can check your skin for mites. Elena, you know on the
messageboard (for the z cream) there is actually a lady her name is
annabelle who put a lab report down that showed the buggers had to do
with her rosacea.....too bad we dont have this (forget where she was
from exactly), can you imagine the answers we would have,or even a
blood test to determine whether it being vascular, hormonal,
circulation, whatever problems are the stem or our hell with this skin
problem and being that it wreak havocs our lives, we dont need touch
ups, we need clear answers with value. Anyway elena, I really hope you
have better relief for the coming holidays, and things turn around for
you soon. You are certainly in the right place to be, and we are all
here to help you, so hang tight. O.k luv tamara

---------------------------------
Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links

---------------------------------
The best gets better. See why everyone is raving about the All-new Yahoo! Mail.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links


---------------------------------
Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___