Saturday, December 09, 2006

Re: [rosacea] New Member Flushing Myself From Lurk Mode :)

Re the shower, make sure the water is not overly warm, heat the bathroom a
bit first if it's cold in there instead of using overly warm water.

Also, you may wish to try filtering and/or softening the water. You can buy
relatively cheap filter units many places, BUT pay enough to get a good
quality unit, very preferably one that utilizes KDF technology. Some untis
are inefficient, get a good one. I've always found Sprite a reliable brand.
Softening water is the process of removing the calcium and magnesium, which
sound benevolent, but some rosaceans that live in areas with harder water (a
large amount of those minerals in the water) have had increased issues.
As a test, you might try washing your face with distilled water first and
see if you get any improvement after a week or so. I don't have P&P's, so
I'm not certain how much doing this will help that aspect, but man, it sure
helped me with the dermatitas aspect, the itching and dryness, and I notice
I am more reddish when I do bathe under straight tap water.

Also, I really like the RosaceaCare line. I do have sensitive skin but I
can always count on their products to be non-irritative for me, and my skin
texture is more like it was pre-rosacea.

Brian
----- Original Message -----
From: zranastashya
To: rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2006 7:48 AMI'
Subject: [rosacea] New Member Flushing Myself From Lurk Mode :)

Hi to everyone,

I was diagnosed about a month ago with Rosacea, and it was no gradual
build
up for me; just bang and I went from clear skin to burning, itching and
flushing.

At first my Doctor thought it was an allergic dermatits and placed me on
low-dose hydrocortisone cream. I used it sparingly for a few days and then
went back due to read blotches on my chin still not clearing.......the
burning and itching were reduced, but not the appearance.

I am going to confess I refused the antibiotics he tried to give me as the
only one left to take for infections is Tetracycline, and I am frightened
of
getting desensitized to them.

I have read and read, like all you of......and have as many creams as a
pharmacy. Nothing really works.......I just need a new face........or
skin.....!!!!

I do seem to have a flushing pattern on time....and for me it is around
10.30pm at night......and showers seem to really aggravate this. Taking
morning showers made NO difference; I still flush and burn.

Jojoba oil? Ahhhhhhh........I got a rash on my inner arm.....I never apply
anything to my face now without an allergy test......and I reacted to this
oil which is totally pure.

I have tried all cleansers, anti-fungals......you name it; I have tried
it.
Nothing works, and this is a really depressing illness that doctors seem
to
know little about.

I have so far found one thing that is soothing for my skin, and that is
washing in pure water; if makeup has been used for work etc [I use cover
fx
normal foundation now] then I clean my skin with a cream called ego, and
regardless of make up or no make up, I moisten my face after with cotton
balls soaked in apple cider vinegar; 1 cap to a cup of pure water. I let
that dry naturally.

My one soothing preparation is quite complex, and seems to leave me with
no
need for moisture.......and that is simply one tablespoon olive oil [light
virgin], one tablespoon pure coconut oil, one tablespoon of maunka honey
16+bioactive, and a few dops of vitamin E. I then add a heaped tablespoon
of oats; and just put this all over my face and neck......gently....very
gently massaging the oils into my skin.....

I only do this twice a week; and my skin is certainly smoother and not as
dry as it was before I was doing this..........no cure...but so far the
best
I could come up with....and it does give a nice radiant glow for a make up
base for special occassions....of which I don't much feel like attending
of
late.

I still flush, but my "outbreaks'; like acne, but not acne. have greatly
reduced since only washing in water and then the apple cider vinegar.

So, this is where I am at. I'm like the rest of you; just trying to muddle
through....and some days are very, very depressing.

This is just my "hello" message, and a little about my thoughts of this
facial nightmare......I even dream of skin.... :))

I so look forward to posting and exchanging messages with all of you
here........after reading so many of your struggles I feel sad that any
one
has this disorder.

Take Care,
Anya

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___