Tuesday, December 12, 2006

[rosacea] Medicine


Hi everyone,
Well, I saw my dermatologist today. Wonderful man, but the same old same old. He wants me to stay on the 200 mg. of doxy for a while. He wants to switch me from my Noritate to 1 percent metrogel ( metrogel has been long gone for me...it began to irritate many years ago although I never used the 1 percent) then he wants me to try protopic (which my insurance won't cover so he'll have to duke it out with them) and then for my poor itchy scalp with the seb derm he prescirbed Verdeso (desonide)..........which, after reading the insert, I see is a steriod..........ugggggggggh!!!!!! Who here thinks this is a good idea? Show of hands?? It is twice a day (it is a foam........I guess almost like a hair mousse?) rubbe into the scalp. Seriously, I shouldn't use this right? Even though it is not going on my face and he was specific in saying NOT to get near my face or eyes. Doesn't sound good. He said the doxy and the metro would "take care of the red ness and the
flushing"............I can't believe he believes this?? Love the guy, but where's he been? There must be a lot of very mild rosacea cases out there. Come to think of it, you guys are the only ones I know who have many of the same problems I have. Are we really that spread out over the world that the doctors don't see us when these meds fail? Very confusing. Anyway, any input would be appreciated, yet I think I already know the answers.
Take care,
Elena


Recent Activity

12
New Members

3
New Photos

Visit Your Group
New Message Search
Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.


Share feedback on the new changes to Groups

.

---------------------------------
Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on Yahoo! Answers.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___