Sunday, December 10, 2006

Re: [rosacea] New Member Flushing Myself From Lurk Mode :)/Elena

Hi Elena, and thank you for the welcome.

The manuka honey was sent to me from a friend in New Zealand who
swears it helps his eczema. The 16+ is the potency of the active
formulations; and plus...it tastes wonderful if you want a healthy
sweetener. :)

I cannot find it where I live and realize I will have to purchase
this online as apparently the best Manuka honey comes from New
Zealand, and it isn't on my travel agenda :-\

About my vinegar; yes, I do put it on the burning and flushing parts;
and ouch, at first they reacted, but settled after about a week.
There is a reason I put up with this and believe it helps me, and may
help others....I feel a lot of us have lost our natural acid mantle
on the skin, and the apple cider vinegar helps to replace it. You
will smell like vinegar until it dries, and then no odor is
detectable.

If you try my recipe, please let us all know how it goes for
you....for me, it was an immediate soother and made me look
reasonably good too. It really helped the tight burning sensation.
But I would try it once and wait about four days before you try it
again in case you react if you elect to attempt this. I read all up
on different oils on Pub Med, and came to this recipe based on data
that was published about the ingredients. I may be way off
base...and one day it may turn on me...but for now it is working as
much as the condition allows.

You are so right about no one really understanding the frustration of
this disease? illness?, and I have told my husband to imagine his
face was on fire if he put baby lotion on it....strangely, soon
after, he ate something that disagreed with him and he had a dose of
atopic dermatitis on his face.....and he said it burnt...so, I am
rather fortunate [although not happy that happened to him], that he
seems to understand...as much as he can, but I needed to really mix
with other sufferers too....I am so grateful for this group.

I have read about your ups and downs of late, and am so sorry you are
having a tough time; this is no picnic....I hope the relief soon
comes to you in some form.:)

Thank you again, Elena, for the welcome...
Anya
--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@...>
wrote:
>
> Hi Anya and welcome to the discussions. You've been through quite
a bit as we all have. I love your receipe and would love to try it
out. What is "16 + bioactive" and where do I find it? Everything
else in your receipe I recognise. Can I ask you, your apple cider
vinegar and water rinse, does it burn at all? I am thinking it would
but I imagine you would not put it on your burning, itching, flushing
skin if it did. Others have mentioned this too. I am wondering what
made you think to try this. Right now, you sound like where I am
at. Burning, flushing, itching skin. So I am very curious to know a
little more. And if I cannot find manuka honey, do you think any one
will do? Probably not, as I have read amazing things about manuka
honey but I can't find it in stores, only on-line. I suppose if I
have to get it that way I will; just not my preferred way to
purchase. Thank you for deciding to join in the sharing of
information. I understand you feelings
> completely as we all most likely do. No one can understand the
frustration of having so weird a disease unless they have it
themselves. It's so hard to get your loved ones to get it. My
husband will say (not meanly), "it's winter, everyone's skin is
dry." There is no way to explain the level of dryness we are
experiencing. I hope you feel better.
>
> Take care,
> Elena

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___