Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Red (or Yellow?) LED Therapy

it seems that tequila also does not hurt my rosacea......but i rarely drink. maybe once a year if that. and then only a light splash of tequila. i had a big swig of beer to try to sleep one night and i had a flush....
emily
----- Original Message -----
From: nurse_artist
To: rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: [rosacea] Red (or Yellow?) LED Therapy

The actual alcohol makes some people flush, but for me it's not the
alcohol, it's the yeast or sulphites or whatever else is in it as it's
fermented or aged or what have you. Rum and tequila drinks are no
problem at all for me. They are made differently than something like
vodka or gin, and that difference is the culprit for me. I can also
drink certain white wines, but most other types of alcohol bring on a
flush.

Artist

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah Arnold" <phlika29@...>
wrote:
>
> Well Elena I'm probably not the best person to ask about alcohol as
I've only had it about
> twice in my whole life. But from my understading is that the
alchohol itself causes the
> blood vessels to dilate and it can also set up a histamine reaction.
To help prevent this
> reaction you can take antihistamines beforehand but they have to be
the H2 ones (or is it
> the H1 type).
>
> Here is a link to the rosacea forum where Twickle Purple explained
the differnce between
> the two:
>
> http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=4526
>
> By the look of it its Zantac that works on the gut. Mind you I
think they might effect how
> drunk you get. Or as you say then get a non alcoholic one but try
to get an organic one as
> it will have less preservatives in it.
>
> Sarah
>
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@>
wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Sarah,
> >
> > Yes, I was thinking that same thing. Last night I did use the
acnelamp one more time
> but I did not put on the Squalon moisturizer. I went back to
putting the Noritate cream on
> and then the Eucerin Redness Relief moisturizer. That was my
routine a few weeks ago.
> Today I will stop the light until I can be sure there is no
negatives in using it while taking
> the doxycycline. I'm just drinking the green tea (tepid), the 10
glasses of water, keeping
> ice packs on my neck, misting when needed, and taking all the
supplements and doxy. I'll
> remember to take the zyrtec today too. Haven't been doing that in a
month. And so far I
> just had two hard boiled eggs. I don't have my car to run out and
get anything today but I
> have salad greens and lemons, and other green vegetables hanging
around and cheese.
> Just hard to eat that cheese without a piece of Pita bread or
crackers LOL! And don't even
> get me started on Thanksgiving ! YIKES!!! Hey, speaking of
holiday's............I
> > used have a glass of wine about twice a year but had my first
flush with wine last year
> and haven't gone near it since. Here's my question; is it the
alcohol in the wine that
> causes us the problem? I was thinking I could buy a non-alcoholic
wine if it is just the
> alcohol that is an issue for us. Just curious. I just like the
taste of wine; not looking to get
> drunk.............I'm going to be 47 years old and have never been
drunk or buzzed in my life
> LOL (I'm such a goody two shoes). Anyway, thanks Sarah.
> >
> > Take care,
> > Elena
> >
> >
>

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___