Tuesday, November 28, 2006

[rosacea] Re: Help

Hi

I wonder what it is that is making you flair every so often. Have you ever kept a food
diary? It may be worth doing to see if it is caused by eating a particualr food. If you are a
girl then maybe its realted to your monthly cycle.

If I get a huge flair I end up throwing a number of things at it. Antihistamine tablets to
start with, their are two types H1 and H2 and depending on what may of caused it you
could go for one or the other or both. These should be availabe to buy from your
pharmacy, I like clarityn. I have also given white tea (drink) ago and found it to be really
calming. I also increase the amount of water I drink.

To bring down a flush then I find sitting in front of fan good and some peolple beneift
from things like clonidine/moxonidine.

Have a look at this link and see if you can identify some triggers:

http://rosacea-research.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Sorry that I haven't got anything better than that.

Sarah

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "lor958xxx" <l.allen958@...> wrote:
>
> I have suffered mild rosacea for three years and am currently taking
> antibiotics which helps a lot, but every couple of months i get a huge
> flare-up where my eyes swell up so much that i have to stay indoors.
> Can anyone help as this is affecting my life in a big way. I just
> wondered if there was a product that would take the swelling down
> quicker than ice-packs. I would be eternally grateful to any
> suggestions
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___