Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Re: [rosacea] supplements

Boy that leaves me out! im prone to bad anxiety, have been my whole life.
id take it if it weren't for it making a person edgy!

it's hard enough to deal with as is..in fact im gonna go back on anti anxiety medicine
Thursday.

Ricky

eileen selkirk <eileen_selkirk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Yeah, I have had a bit of that but I was hoping that it would calm down. I started taking it because it was recommended in a book I read about anti-ageing. I thought if anything it may make my acne worse, I didn't know it was meant to be beneficial for skin.
I'll see how it goes, I'm bad enough with the edginess I get from the amount of chocolate I eat!
steve95301
wrote: Basically, it gave me panic attacks. My whole body was twitchy all the
time. It did give me energy, but not really in a good way.

I did notice some improvement of my face, so if you don't get any
side-effects then it might work well for you.

-Steve

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, eileen selkirk
wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have just started DHEA. What did you not like about it?
>
> steve95301
wrote:
> Here's my supplement schedule, which I feel has worked
well for me:
>
> Morning:
> --------
>
> -Multivitamin
> -B-complex vitamin
> -1000mg Fish oil
> -1000mg Vit. C
> -400 I.U. Vit. E
> -(3x)175mg Milk Thistle
> -200mg Alpha-lipoic acid
> -25mg Zinc gluconate
>
> Afternoon:
> ----------
>
> -(2x)1000mg Fish oil
> -(2x)200mg Alpha-lipoic acid
> -500mg Vit. C
> -(2x)175mg Milk Thistle
>
> Evening:
> --------
>
> -3mg Melatonin
>
> As-needed:
> ----------
>
> -Ginger root
> -Valerian root (anxiety)
> -Kava (anxiety)
> -Kratom (anxiety)
>
> Thinking of adding:
> -------------------
>
> -Turmeric
> -Oregano oil (topical + oral)
> -Pycnogenol/grape seed
> -Horse chestnut
>
> Tried and didn't like:
> ----------------------
>
> -DHEA
>
> Hope that gives you some ideas...
>
> -Steve
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Ricky Butler
> wrote:
> >
> > I take a multi vitamin and a lysine (im prone to cold sores) and 400
> I.U. mixed tocopherol
> > vitamin E capsule along with 500 mg Ester-C every day and a combo
> pill of green tea/grapeseed/red wine capsule along with another lysine
> pill and alpha lipoic acid in the evening. I do it mainly for the
> antioxidant protection, im not sure if it prevents breakouts where im
> prone to them, but I do feel it helps my skins texture, helping to
> fend off free radical damage and all. the niacin in the multi doesn't
> bother me at all either.
> >
> > Ricky
> >
> > Kemx wrote:
> > i missed the zinc sulphate thread.
> > i take lysine, grapeseed extract,milk thistle, vit D3, alpha liopic,
> and recently added glutamine.--the niacin in my multi doesn't bother
> me. [i also take bilberry for my eyes, flax seed in a capsule,
> magnesium, 200mg. vit E, and potassium sometimes since my diet is so
> peculiar due to the rosacea and IBS].
> > i can't remember where i read about these hahaha......but my skin is
> clearing from a bad flare [which was probably caused by something that
> i'm not doing now...LOL].
> > but these sups are also good for my body too.
> > emily
> >
> > star52star52 wrote:
> > I have been trying to read the old posts, and feel a bit overwhelmed!
> > I am going to buy some supplements to try to help-I have flushing and
> > broken capillaries, and am surprised that some, such as evening
> > primrose oil, that I thought would be helpful seem to cause problems
> > for people.
> >
> > What supplements should I try? I am considering grape seed extract,
> > salmon oil, pycnogenol, zinc sulphate-after reading that study where
> > it seemed to really help heal rosacea recently, vitamin c, and
> > digestive enzymes. Do probiotics help? And I will avoid regular
> > multivitamins due to the niacin.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> > New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> > New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
> Send instant messages to your online friends
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___