Wednesday, November 29, 2006

[rosacea] Re: supplements

sarah,

i may spend some serious cash on OTC and Rx topicals plus OTC and Rx
drugs, but all in all, i'm very happy with the condition of my skin -
in fact, i've received compliments for years! people are usually
shocked when i tell them i have all sorts of skin problems. my
supplements aren't just for my skin, but for all sorts of anti-aging
benefits...though i'll admit that my skin is a huge reason for many of
them. when i hear about studies casting doubt on the safety of certain
supplements such as vitamin E or oyster shell calcium, i'd drop them
if i were using them.

the supplements i take, with dosages where i can remember (i'm at work
right now):

AM:
fish oil (1,000 mg)
multivitamin
grapeseed extract (200 mg)
glucosamine
probiotic blend
zyflamend
green tea extract

split between lunch and dinner:
grapeseed extract (200 mg)
flaxseed oil (2,000 mg)
selenium
calcium (1,000 mg)
zyflamend
biotin (2,500 mcg)
magnesium malate
green tea extract (2 capsules)

as needed:
ester-c
zinc gluconate
bee pollen

sara

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah Arnold" <phlika29@...>
wrote:
>
> Ricky
>
> If I were to tot up what I spent on rosacea related supplements,
treatments, face products,
> OTC drugs, prescription drugs and private referalls I think I would
kill myself!!
>
> Sarah
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Ricky Butler <classics_guy@>
wrote:
> >
> > I have noticed we all seem to take alot of supplements!
> > its a good thing, but I have noticed as some of you probably
have too
> > doesn't it get kinda costly?? haha
> > I know it does for me! but I keep popping 'em!
> >
> > Ricky
> >
> > steve95301 <phaedrus128@> wrote:
> > Here's my supplement schedule, which I feel has worked well for me:
> >
> > Morning:
> > --------
> >
> > -Multivitamin
> > -B-complex vitamin
> > -1000mg Fish oil
> > -1000mg Vit. C
> > -400 I.U. Vit. E
> > -(3x)175mg Milk Thistle
> > -200mg Alpha-lipoic acid
> > -25mg Zinc gluconate
> >
> > Afternoon:
> > ----------
> >
> > -(2x)1000mg Fish oil
> > -(2x)200mg Alpha-lipoic acid
> > -500mg Vit. C
> > -(2x)175mg Milk Thistle
> >
> > Evening:
> > --------
> >
> > -3mg Melatonin
> >
> > As-needed:
> > ----------
> >
> > -Ginger root
> > -Valerian root (anxiety)
> > -Kava (anxiety)
> > -Kratom (anxiety)
> >
> > Thinking of adding:
> > -------------------
> >
> > -Turmeric
> > -Oregano oil (topical + oral)
> > -Pycnogenol/grape seed
> > -Horse chestnut
> >
> > Tried and didn't like:
> > ----------------------
> >
> > -DHEA
> >
> > Hope that gives you some ideas...
> >
> > -Steve
> >
> > --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Ricky Butler
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I take a multi vitamin and a lysine (im prone to cold sores) and 400
> > I.U. mixed tocopherol
> > > vitamin E capsule along with 500 mg Ester-C every day and a combo
> > pill of green tea/grapeseed/red wine capsule along with another lysine
> > pill and alpha lipoic acid in the evening. I do it mainly for the
> > antioxidant protection, im not sure if it prevents breakouts where im
> > prone to them, but I do feel it helps my skins texture, helping to
> > fend off free radical damage and all. the niacin in the multi doesn't
> > bother me at all either.
> > >
> > > Ricky
> > >
> > > Kemx wrote:
> > > i missed the zinc sulphate thread.
> > > i take lysine, grapeseed extract,milk thistle, vit D3, alpha liopic,
> > and recently added glutamine.--the niacin in my multi doesn't bother
> > me. [i also take bilberry for my eyes, flax seed in a capsule,
> > magnesium, 200mg. vit E, and potassium sometimes since my diet is so
> > peculiar due to the rosacea and IBS].
> > > i can't remember where i read about these hahaha......but my skin is
> > clearing from a bad flare [which was probably caused by something that
> > i'm not doing now...LOL].
> > > but these sups are also good for my body too.
> > > emily
> > >
> > > star52star52 wrote:
> > > I have been trying to read the old posts, and feel a bit
overwhelmed!
> > > I am going to buy some supplements to try to help-I have
flushing and
> > > broken capillaries, and am surprised that some, such as evening
> > > primrose oil, that I thought would be helpful seem to cause
problems
> > > for people.
> > >
> > > What supplements should I try? I am considering grape seed extract,
> > > salmon oil, pycnogenol, zinc sulphate-after reading that study
where
> > > it seemed to really help heal rosacea recently, vitamin c, and
> > > digestive enzymes. Do probiotics help? And I will avoid regular
> > > multivitamins due to the niacin.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> > > New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages:
http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> > > New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages:
http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> > New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___