Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Re: [rosacea] makeup - for Lucia

Sounds amazing, I may give it a try!

Lucia

Anita <acw5@vista-express.com> wrote: Lucia,

All I know is that once I started using the Decleor products, my Rosecea cleared up. My dermatologist was amazed & she told me I didn't need to come back anymore unless I had a flare-up, so I haven't been to see her in about three years. My skin looks normal now-the redness is gone from my nose & cheeks. I no longer use the Rose D'Orient night balm-I just use the Harmonie Cream under my make-up during the day. Now I use the Aveeno calming cream at night & it seems to work just as well.
Anita
----- Original Message -----
From: Lucia
To: rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [rosacea] makeup - for Anita

Hi Anita,

Do you mean you do not have rosacea anymore because of the Decleor Harmonie calming day cream & Rose D'orient products? what does your skin look like now?

Lucia

Anita <acw5@vista-express.com> wrote:
Hi, Jen. When I had Rosacea so bad, I used a moisturizer that was tinted & had sunscreen to tone down the redness before I put the foundation on. The one I used was Peter Thomas Roth Tinted Protective Day Cream-I got this from Sephora.com.
Aveeno also has some great new products out for calming irritated skin. I love them.
I use Estee Lauder Lucity make up base, but I don't have much problems with rosacea anymore.
Also, I would suggest Decleor products from Sephora.com for treatment of the Rosacea. They are very expensive, but worth it, in that once I started using them, my rosecea was cured. I haven't had to go to the dermatologist for years. There is Harmonie calming day cream & Rose D'orient products that work wonderfully. Also, if you check with Sephora.com & tell them your problems, they will recommend products for you to use. Hope this helps.
Anita
www.sephora.com
----- Original Message -----
From: Jen
To: rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 6:16 AM
Subject: [rosacea] makeup

Hi everyone,

Well, I been a Rosacea sufferer for 3 years and had a make up I
really liked. It's from Maybelline it's called True Illusion. I went
to buy it last night and I found out it's discontinued. I also used
this foundation for three years. I know feel helpless :( I looked
online and can't find it anywhere! Does anyone have any foundation
suggestions? This one didn't make me break out or cause more redness.
I need to try something new and I am clueless to foundations. Thanks
guys, you are always helpful to me.

On a second note: I heard a week ago or so someone mentioned Dr. Levy
in the Mt. Kisco Medical group in Mt. Kisco. I went to him last night
for the first time. He seemed very nice and was the first
dermotologist to be a little more knowledgeable about Rosacea.
Anyway, I am having an IPL treatment with him on Jan. 5th I will let
you guys know how it goes. I have had 13 before previosuly with
another doctor. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get a
better treatment with him. That post was for all the New Yorkers :)
I'll let you know the outcome. Although, I noticed with him you have
to make an appointment three monts before you want to see him lol
isn't that great!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





---------------------------------
Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___