Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Re: [rosacea] cold ponds cream.

Thanks Tamara,

You know, yesterday (Tuesday), I noticed a weird and surprising improvement. My skin was less pink/red, my eyes were doing better and I felt pretty much like I did about 2 years ago back when every waking thought was not about Rosacea and how much burning and pain I was in. Can't say I did anything different. I chalked it up to letting go of the stress. Just saying and accepting whatever my mom or husband do to me I'm just not in control of so I just won't stress about it. Honestly, I was almost walking on air yesterday................until 3p.m. rolled around. Now, I did absolutely NOTHING and I mean nothing..........but at three o'clock my eyes felt "warm", like they had a fever. The skin of my face felt "warm and flush" too. By four o'clock when denying the feelings could not be done anymore, I put an ice pack around my neck as I finished cooking supper and then looked in a mirror...........sure enough, from the sides of my nose extending out to my cheeks were
all pink and rosy............a flush. Again, I have only experienced two of those in my entire life and only one was explainable due to a few sips of red wine. I have no idea of what is going on. And today, (Wednesday) I am still feeling this way. I am just so down and scared and worried and sad. Is this ANOTHER new phase? Unexplained, constant, low-level flushing?? I am not in extraordinary pain but my eyes feel hot and feverish (and by the way, look perfectly normal) and my face and head are warm to hot and my cheek area is definitely pink to red. I'm so afraid that this is going to turn into the year I burned from head to toe and could not even stand clothes to touch my body! I truly just cannot take one more thing with this disease. I didn't do anything. I swear............I didn't eat anything or drink anything out of the ordinary I just can't do this anymore.....what is wrong with all of us???

~Elena

rose jill <roseflowerbloom@yahoo.ca> wrote:
Elena, yes...go to demodexsolutions.com...then you can go to messageboard and look at the posts there and get alot of info on the forum. And at the main site where it says pictures...you will see hilda before and after (one year) and look at the difference. Elena, for me my break out started on the 5th day i believe it was, and did go crazy for awhile...but these are the signs of mite activity...the break out can last a long while, and it will be a roller coaster ride(at least for me it was) and you will get weird things going on...but my eyes were the first to see marked improvement within 2 weeks. Elena, ya try to start at a time where you dont have to worry. The dryness is not easy, but it is renewing your skin. take care tamara

Elena Mutter <emgm42000@yahoo.com> wrote: This sounds like such a good thing Tamara. So you could actually take the z cream a little on your eyebrows and in your ears? I never thought to put the Tea Tree oil in my shampoo. That sounds like a better idea than just buying Tea Tree Shampoo and conditioner. I used it once a long time ago and was not impressed with how it left my hair but putting the oil in my Trader Joe's shampoo might be worth a try. So there is a support forum with demodex solutions users? Just type in demodexforum.com? I'd like to go there and see the pictures and hear the stories. I'm so glad you are doing so well with this Tamara! I may try it during Christmas vacation where I will have a little time when I don't have to be "seen" so much. How long before you felt human again and could be seen LOL? When I tried it last year I only did it for about a week and then chickened out because of th e dryness of my skin. I'm very tempted to give it another go.
Thanks for all your help.

Take care,
Elena

rose jill wrote:
Elena, I know what you mean about the eyes, believe me. I swear I thought at times i was going blind (literally). My eyes were always bothered, itchy, irritated, sometimes puffy, red, and gritty feeling! it was such a burden for me, I felt so helpless. I put the z cream in my ears and on my eyebrows. I swear the bas..... are the cause of my rosacea. Also, i put tea tree oil in my shampoo for my scalp (drain the suckers for good) and i bathe in Epsom Salts (mites hate it). I feel like ive lost so much of my life, because of these hellish devils, I will drown the rugrats to death if I have to set them on fire I would lol. Elena, I feel like I can see again, and another thing, if you look at the demodexmite forum...look at the pictures and look at HILDA is her name and i have been in touch with her alot...she after one year is rosacea free...and look at the difference in her skin (amazing). Elena, I wash my linens and add a drop of tea tree oil to them, I use a fresh
towel
everyday, keep my cat away from my room now, bathe him good to (thank god he loves water). I have been in touch with many who are doing well with this z cream...some have sent me pictures with there success. Elena, if you ever do it, go slowly only need a little (buy the acarid soap and the z cream use nightly or day and evening if your skin can handle it. Pat your skin with water first and then put a thin layer (very thin) on your face, and see what happens. My eyes were greatly improved in no time! good luck tamara

Elena Mutter wrote:
Wow Tamara............100 percent improvement of eyes?!! Right now, I think that is my most troubling symptom. The last two years they are just "not my eyes".......it's hard to explain. So you didn't get the special eye treatment from the z cream people? Just using the regular z cream on your face and yet your eyes and ears are better even though you are not directly putting z cream on them? My ears are also a misery for me. Always itchy and sore along with my poor scalp. I have seb derm too so I don't know what's what half the time. Anyway, maybe I should give the z cream another try. My Rosacea did a slow crawl to where it is now too Tamara. I am going to be 47 on Dec. 18th and this all started for me at 21. It's really only been the last two years where I want to jump off a bridge from this (just kidding.......I think). That's great about your mom. You know, even way back when I was first struggling with this one doctor had the great humility to ad mit that
they just did not know anything about this strange disease and he mentioned that sometimes it does indeed "just go away". He said it is typically a disease that comes on in the 40's and sometimes later in life in the 60's or so it just goes away. But, as we all know, there is NOTHING typical about this disease. I certainly did not fit ANY of the criteria for having it. I wasn't in my 40's. I wasn't of celtic decent. I did not blush easily. I feel very jipped LOL! Thanks for all this info Tamara. A year, huh? I hope it gets continually better and better for you. Your such a dear.

Take care,
Elena

rose jill wrote:
Elena, my mom said she used chrestor (for her high cholesterol). My mom uses cold ponds cream every night. My sister does not suffer from rosacea. I avoid alcohol at all costs, but what i said was when we were at my sisters, my mom can now drink alcohol, while i stay the heck away from it. Elena and 3rd, so far for the z cream I have seen 100% improvement for my eyes(no longer bother me) (no longer red) My ears (no longer bother me unless I have an allergic reaction to something (which is not as often as it was). The papules, i have less but since the z cream makes you break out here and there when killing the mites, sometimes i still break out and then i notice my skin being very clear afterwards. My cheeks and nose are pink in color not red now. I still react to certain foods, and heat etc... so this is not gone yet, also walter (from the z cream forum) indicates rosacea allergic responses take a year or more to stop reacting, it is a process that takes time.
Elena, I am
still dry skin, but do notice the old skin sloughs off, and i have better renewal skin in replace of it. I am pleases so far, and have yet to see my rosacea gone completely, but going back to the way it was, I am better now for sure. I am 33 years old now, I think i developed it when i was around 26 or so not exactly sure, but it started off slowly like creeping up and then procrascinated into papules along with the flushing. I am type 2 rosacea. I have it cheeks and nose. hope this helps you.
Elena Mutter wrote: Okay Tamara, these are interesting statements. First, what is the cholesterol med your mom is taking so we can look into it. And did you or your sister (sounds like your sister suffers from this too?) give it a try too and what happened? Second, it's so funny about the Ponds. If it is Ponds cold cream then that's what my mom uses too LOL...........it's been around forever and is the "old-fashioned" stuff I think many of our moms used/use. Can your skin tolerate it? And third, you have really stuck it out with the z-cream.......I am so impressed! When you say you are 50% better, is that in all aspects of the Rosacea? Like p&p's, redness, dryness, hot burny skin and flushes? Also, if you had any eye problems, do you find that that is better too? Some people have said that even their eye symptoms got better using z-cream (not even the one they put out specifically for the eyes). Okay, those are my questions. Sorry to overload you but wouldn't it be marvelous if a
great many of us could just start using Ponds cold cream and convince our doctors to give us whatever cholesterol med your mom is on..........ah, a girl can dream can't she?

Take care,
Elena

tamara wrote:
Hey guys, anyone use this? it has mineral oil in it though, is that a
nono for rosaceans? Just wondered about it. My mom uses it every
night, she had rosacea many years, and gone now after taking
cholesterol medication. My mom to this day looks fab. I asked her also
what moisteriser she uses, and she said cold ponds and loves it, will
never change. My mom is lucky, I dont want to use the word cure, but
she has been in remission since the chol. pills...she is very lucky.
My mom use to have it bad, and she also mentioned to me that since her
cat passed away, her skin is even better. WHAT! I have a cat and he is
my baby lol, my dad use to break out in hives and itch and loved the
cat too much so he suffered alot, yaaa i know crazy, he hated going to
the doctors too, it always cracked me up alot, because as soon as we
said "doctors" he would tell us to bugger off.
Anyway, it just makes me think when I think about my mom and when I
visited my sisters...she can now drink wine without flushing, I stay
the heck away until the z cream eliminates this rosacea completely. I
just wanted to mention this, i did mention this before, this is why
every rosacean is so different and there are so many factors involved.
I no longer believe that because my mom has (had) it that because i
developed it, its the irish thing and thats it. For me since being on
the z cream, I am 50% better now and its been almost 3 months on it. I
want you all to know that there is hope, and when I see my mom, she
has never looked better, and her skin cleared by accident as she tells
me...she thinks it is the chol.meds that really made her feel better
inside out, and I am pleased to see my mom in remission, as she had
rosacea for many years. tamara

---------------------------------
Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links

---------------------------------
Make free worldwide PC-to-PC calls. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger with Voice

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links

---------------------------------
All new Yahoo! Mail
---------------------------------
Get news delivered. Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links

---------------------------------
The best gets better. See why everyone is raving about the All-new Yahoo! Mail.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___