Wednesday, November 22, 2006

[rosacea] Re: Blue light possible precursor for Rosacea?

Jon

Welcome to the group. Low level light is not my forte but perhaps I can get the ball
rolling. From my understanding the blue light works on killing the bactieria that causes
acne and so I guess as this is not present in rosacea then it is perhaps not the best choice.

I also understand that some people are sensitive to things like flourescent light and I
wonder if this can be the case for blue light. Saying that I'm sure you aren't the only one
who has tried it in combination wiith red.

If it were me from the reading I have done I would either go for a red/near red light or a
yellow/red light. The blue tends to be reccomended for acne.

Papules can aslo be helped with things like metrogel/cream aswell as IPL.

If you would like further info they have a section on the rosacea forum:

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewforum.php?f=23

If I got it all wrong please someone correct me.

Sarah

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "leemey2000" <johnjameskeane@...> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> While this is my first post here, I have valued the incredible
> information and assistance offered by the group through this site
> since I was diagnosed at the start of the year.
>
> My R. is generally of the P & P nature brought on by flushing and
> other triggers. Earlier in the year, I underwent a course of 7 x
> light therapy 30 min blue and 30 min red, thinking (in my limited
> knowledge then!!) that my P & P were Acne-related. A couple of years
> ago I got some benefit from a blue light course for Acne (comodonic
> kind) which has now changed to the painless but ugly red p & p s of
> Rosacea.
>
> My condition has worsed over the past few months since then and
> I 've got to wondering if the Blue (UV) light may have exascerbated
> things?
>
> I ask advice on this because I'm considering getting a lamp for home
> therapy and would still consider blue with red, nbut not if the blue
> is lightly to aggravate the condition.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> Jon
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___