Wednesday, November 22, 2006

[rosacea] Re: Winter dehydration

Sarah

I had the exact same moan about this a couple of weeks ago. Winter sucks I always flair
worse in the winter too. I have heard that alot of people get benefit from buying a
humidifier and making sure that the air isn't too dry as it tends to be the artifical heating
that dries out the skin. At the moment I can't afford one but plan to get one soon.
Besides this finding a good moisturiser is very importnat again an area I have trouble.

I recently went to an information day in the UK where a company called cosmecuticals has
develeped some stuff for rosaceans that I thinking of trying, or have a look at the Skin
Actives website.

Best wishes

Sarah

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "qwertnut" <qwertnut@...> wrote:
>
>
> As I head into my 3rd winter of full-blown rosacea, I am realizing
> that my skin is much worse in the wintertime - the dryness in the
> air makes it taut and hot and red and miserable. No matter how much
> water I drink my entire body feels parched (but only in winter). I
> am taking doxy which really helps keep the P&Ps under control, but
> the dryness is unreal. I guess my spring/summer/autumn routine just
> doesn't cut it.
>
> Does anyone else get worse in the winter, and what remedies have you
> found to help? I'd love any tips on how to feel more hydrated!!!
>
> ... and just to vent a little, I don't understand how my hands,
> feet, and entire body can feel so cold ALL the time in winter (a
> constant subtle shiver) while my face is on FIRE, oh, except for my
> nose which is like an ice cube! My cheeks must be 30 or 40 degrees
> warmer than my hands. (LOL, I suppose I should feel lucky to not
> need gloves to warm my hands - I just use my face) And any extra
> layers of clothes heat my face up before my body... How does that
> happen??? If I could just distribute my face heat equally to the
> rest of my body... sigh....
>
>
> Sara
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___