Sunday, November 26, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Re: yeast, citrus, yogurt, other flaring foods

Wow! What an awesome trip!!! You are quite the adventurer! Best wishes for fun, safety, and for sure, no turista! That is some nasty stuff! My husband and I went to Puerto Vallerta for our honeymoon and managed one good day out of the entire week. We both got sick! I tell you that's one way to get the 'in sickness and in health' part of the wedding vows out of the way! Fun way to get to know your spouse too -- both sick and only one bathroom....with thin walls! I STILL have no desire to go back! Have a great time and tell us all about it when you get back -- we'll live vicariously through you. Ellen

arteest103 <arteest103@earthlink.net> wrote: Hi Matija... I¹m glad you¹re still speaking to me after the malted milk
balls thing. :D

I think, so far, I¹ve been OK. My face has been slightly irritated but I
thought it was due to the remnants of having the pre-cancers frozen off. If
it is the probiotics, I only have to be on the regular ones for a few more
days. While on the trip, I take the non-refrigerated version which I assume
are the non-dairy?? My naturopath gave them to me to strengthen my digestive
system against foreign turista coodies. From what I¹ve heard, it really
helps. I plan on having no ³turista!²

I HOPE it¹s going to be a good trip. We¹ve had government warnings issued in
Peru and Bolivia! But Christmas week we¹re rafting ³the FU² in Chile!!
It¹s a turquoise river in Patagonia with class 4 and 5 rapids and you get to
sleep in tree houses above the river! I¹ve been wanting to do the Fu for a
loooooong time.

Thank you for the good trip wish! I think it WILL be exciting....one way or
the other. :-)
Karen

From: ruizdelvizo <ruizdelvizo@yahoo.com>
Reply-To: "rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com"
<rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 03:34:56 -0000
To: "rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com" <rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [rosacea] Re: yeast, citrus, yogurt, other flaring foods

Karen,

For me, they did cause a reaction, and yogurt does cause a flare for
me. A lot of people with rosacea seem to take them successfully to
counteract the effects of antibiotics. I hope that you are among the
number who can take them successfully. BTW, have a great trip to
South America! That sounds exciting.

Take care,
Matija

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:rosacea-support%40yahoogroups.com> , arteest103 <arteest103@...>
wrote:
>
> I¹m taking Probiotics for a trip to South America next week. Are
Probiotics
> in the same class as yogurt in terms of triggers?
>
> Karen
>
>
>
> From: dfries2003 <dfries2003@...>
> Reply-To: "rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:rosacea-support%40yahoogroups.com> "
> <rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com <mailto:rosacea-support%40yahoogroups.com> >
> Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 19:11:33 -0000
> To: "rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:rosacea-support%40yahoogroups.com> " <rosacea-
support@yahoogroups.com <mailto:support%40yahoogroups.com> >
> Subject: [rosacea] Re: yeast, citrus, yogurt, other flaring foods
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi star52,
>
> Dietary triggers, like other triggers, can be quite confusing as
some
> things that can be triggers for some do not cause problems for
others.
> Still, knowing the possible triggers can help you discover your own
> personal triggers through a little trial and error. We have a
> pretty good set of pages in the RSRP on potential dietary triggers:
>
> http://rosacea-research.org/wiki/index.php/Dietary_Influence
>
> As for your specific questions, yes, yeasts, yogurt, lemon, and
> vinegar can cause problems for many of us. My personal worst
> triggers include mustards, spinach, walnuts, yogurt, tuna, lemon,
> vinegars, alcohol, and foods/supplements/drugs high in salicylates.
> These may not all be problematic for you though, and you may have
> some additional triggers.
>
> I found it helpful to change only one thing at a time in my diet and
> then monitor my reaction for 5-7 days or so to see how I reacted
> helped me to identify identify some of my food triggers when I was
at
> my worst. Some (like the worst offenders listed above) seem to
cause
> an almost instant flush/burn for me, but others seem to take a
little
> longer to identify...
>
> Anyway, hope this helps...
>
> Dan
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:rosacea-support%40yahoogroups.com>
> <mailto:rosacea-support%40yahoogroups.com> , "star52star52"
> <star52star52@> wrote:
> >
> > Does yeast cause flares for most people? I have been taking a
yeast
> > supplement caleld Bio Strath, hoping that it would help my skin
and
> > hair. Just recently read that this could be bad.
> >
> > Also I eat yogurt regularly and thought this would be helpful.
How
> > common is it to react badly to this?
> >
> > What about lemon juice and vinegar?
> >
> > I know each person is different, but besides the obvious
avoidance of
> > hot drinks, white foods, alcohol, and spicy foods, any other
> > recommendations that seem to help?
> >
> > Do you know soon after eating if a food is bad for your skin? Like
> > with hot drinks, I get red immediately, but with yogurt, I seem
to be
> > fine after. Does that mean it is definitely an okay food for me?
> >
> > Confusing!
> >
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___