Monday, November 20, 2006

[rosacea] Re: David Goldberg, MD, JD, to the RRDi MAC

Elena: That's how I felt when I kept trying the LTD disc. A lot of
folks do well with it but I've tried it a few times and it's just
not for me. It could be that RLT is not for you, but this early on I
agree with you in that your current culprit is probably one of the other triggers.

You had a great question about the antibiotics and light sensitivity.
Can anyone answer that? I am thinking it's just the UV lights that
would be a problem, not the red or infrared, but I can't be positive.

Here is a thought. I always forget about the winter dryness trigger.
It creeps up on me. Dry winter weather is a big trigger for me and I
imagine even RLT on my dry skin during the early weeks (before the
therapeutic effect) could conceivably add to dryness. Although, over
time RLT seems to have improved moisture retention. So, I don't know
if dryness is a problem for you, but if it is you might try to boost
moisture (oil, humidifier, etc).

In any case, several saw no results for a few months, so the RLT could
be doing nothing visible to the eye at this point. I just waited and
waited, still having my regular ups and downs, and eventually I started seeing good effects. With the time factor in mind, I wouldn't switch to another color until you have used the
one you have for a few more months.

Hang in there. Sending good thoughts your way!!

Artist

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@...>
wrote:
>
> Oh thanks for this Artist. I think I'd be interested. You know,
even though I am not getting any results yet with my RED LED from acne
lamp (it's just into week three now), there is something that is
making me feel strongly like this is the therapy to hang my hopes on.
I don't know what it is. I guess maybe because it seems like the ONE
thing that I don't recall seeing any posts from anyone saying it flat
out did nothing for them. Seems like everyone gets some positive from
this when they try it out. At least to varying degrees. Gosh! I
hope I am not going to be the one fly in the ointment! That'd be just
like me. But I just get a good feeling about this light therapy stuff
all around. I was especially attracted to the posts that say it has
reduced flushing and heat. I don't exactly flush in the normal sense
of the word, but my face is so warm/hot and sore almost always I just
really clung to those posts. Thanks for tipping the acnelamp people
off to the yellow
> light. What a little pioneer you are LOL!
>
> Take care,
> Elena
>
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___