Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Red (or Yellow?) LED Therapy

Hi Sarah, thanks for the info. Yes, I always buy organic because I don't like playing around with sulfites. Obviously, since I only have a glass at Thanksgiving and Christmas it is not such a big thing for me to forgo, but I was just wondering about the non-alcoholic versions since I'm not in it for the buzz so to speak. Thanks again.

~Elena

Sarah Arnold <phlika29@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Well Elena I'm probably not the best person to ask about alcohol as I've only had it about
twice in my whole life. But from my understading is that the alchohol itself causes the
blood vessels to dilate and it can also set up a histamine reaction. To help prevent this
reaction you can take antihistamines beforehand but they have to be the H2 ones (or is it
the H1 type).

Here is a link to the rosacea forum where Twickle Purple explained the differnce between
the two:

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=4526

By the look of it its Zantac that works on the gut. Mind you I think they might effect how
drunk you get. Or as you say then get a non alcoholic one but try to get an organic one as
it will have less preservatives in it.

Sarah

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Sarah,
>
> Yes, I was thinking that same thing. Last night I did use the acnelamp one more time
but I did not put on the Squalon moisturizer. I went back to putting the Noritate cream on
and then the Eucerin Redness Relief moisturizer. That was my routine a few weeks ago.
Today I will stop the light until I can be sure there is no negatives in using it while taking
the doxycycline. I'm just drinking the green tea (tepid), the 10 glasses of water, keeping
ice packs on my neck, misting when needed, and taking all the supplements and doxy. I'll
remember to take the zyrtec today too. Haven't been doing that in a month. And so far I
just had two hard boiled eggs. I don't have my car to run out and get anything today but I
have salad greens and lemons, and other green vegetables hanging around and cheese.
Just hard to eat that cheese without a piece of Pita bread or crackers LOL! And don't even
get me started on Thanksgiving ! YIKES!!! Hey, speaking of holiday's............I
> used have a glass of wine about twice a year but had my first flush with wine last year
and haven't gone near it since. Here's my question; is it the alcohol in the wine that
causes us the problem? I was thinking I could buy a non-alcoholic wine if it is just the
alcohol that is an issue for us. Just curious. I just like the taste of wine; not looking to get
drunk.............I'm going to be 47 years old and have never been drunk or buzzed in my life
LOL (I'm such a goody two shoes). Anyway, thanks Sarah.
>
> Take care,
> Elena
>
>

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Mortgage for $1,698/mo - Calculate new house payment

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___