Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Blue light possible precursor for Rosacea?

HI Jon, blue is thought to aggravate rosacea. Most of us are using red LED, or a red LED and near infrared light and yellow is being considered.

leemey2000 <johnjameskeane@hotmail.com> wrote: Hi All,

While this is my first post here, I have valued the incredible
information and assistance offered by the group through this site
since I was diagnosed at the start of the year.

My R. is generally of the P & P nature brought on by flushing and
other triggers. Earlier in the year, I underwent a course of 7 x
light therapy 30 min blue and 30 min red, thinking (in my limited
knowledge then!!) that my P & P were Acne-related. A couple of years
ago I got some benefit from a blue light course for Acne (comodonic
kind) which has now changed to the painless but ugly red p & p s of
Rosacea.

My condition has worsed over the past few months since then and
I 've got to wondering if the Blue (UV) light may have exascerbated
things?

I ask advice on this because I'm considering getting a lamp for home
therapy and would still consider blue with red, nbut not if the blue
is lightly to aggravate the condition.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jon

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___