Wednesday, November 22, 2006

[rosacea] Re: Blue light possible precursor for Rosacea?

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah Arnold"
<phlika29@...> wrote:
>
> Jon
>
> Welcome to the group. Low level light is not my forte but perhaps
I can get the ball
> rolling. From my understanding the blue light works on killing
the bactieria that causes
> acne and so I guess as this is not present in rosacea then it is
perhaps not the best choice.
>
> I also understand that some people are sensitive to things like
flourescent light and I
> wonder if this can be the case for blue light. Saying that I'm
sure you aren't the only one
> who has tried it in combination wiith red.
>
> If it were me from the reading I have done I would either go for a
red/near red light or a
> yellow/red light. The blue tends to be reccomended for acne.
>
> Papules can aslo be helped with things like metrogel/cream aswell
as IPL.
>
> If you would like further info they have a section on the rosacea
forum:
>
> http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewforum.php?f=23
>
> If I got it all wrong please someone correct me.
>
> Sarah
>
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "leemey2000"
<johnjameskeane@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > While this is my first post here, I have valued the incredible
> > information and assistance offered by the group through this
site
> > since I was diagnosed at the start of the year.
> >
> > My R. is generally of the P & P nature brought on by flushing
and
> > other triggers. Earlier in the year, I underwent a course of 7 x
> > light therapy 30 min blue and 30 min red, thinking (in my
limited
> > knowledge then!!) that my P & P were Acne-related. A couple of
years
> > ago I got some benefit from a blue light course for Acne
(comodonic
> > kind) which has now changed to the painless but ugly red p & p s
of
> > Rosacea.
> >
> > My condition has worsed over the past few months since then and
> > I 've got to wondering if the Blue (UV) light may have
exascerbated
> > things?
> >
> > I ask advice on this because I'm considering getting a lamp for
home
> > therapy and would still consider blue with red, nbut not if the
blue
> > is lightly to aggravate the condition.
> >
> > Any thoughts would be appreciated.
> >
> > Jon
> >
>Sarah,

Thanks so much for your welcome. I will indeed peruse the resource
you directed me to. I guess as well as getting a take on any damage
the blue UV light can do to Rosacea, I'm also exploring the issue of
red light in some ways encouraging angiogenesis, which many of us
are trying to avoid. That's not to say I can't see its other
benefits.

Thanks

John

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___