Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Red (or Yellow?) LED Therapy

elena, I am so happy things are better today for you. good to hear! tamara

Elena Mutter <emgm42000@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Lucia,

Well, I am using the light right immediately after washing my face. Sometimes it is still drip drying as I go to the lamp so maybe that's a good point. I always leave my face bare (no products on it at all) when I do the LED lamp. I just assumed you were supposed to so there were no barriers between the healing of the light and your skin. When I was paying $300 for 6 visits to a chiropractor who was using Cold Lasers on me he always told me to come with nothing on my face so I just carried that over to this. After I am done with the light then I was putting the Squalon on. It's 1:15p.m. here now and I have to say that I am less red at this very moment and less burny/stingy. The only thing different I have done is stop using the Squalon oil and begin using the things I had been using before that and tweak the diet. So far today just eggs and cottage cheese and water, water and more water and two glasses of green tea. By the way, I have two brands. I have a
decaff version of Good Earth brand and a regular version of Bigelow. The Bigelow is the same as all the other ones I've tried.......bitter. But the Good Earth one is amazingly smooth and tastes like the tea you get at the chinese restaurants. I am going to buy their regular version and see if it is the same as the decaf. Just throwing that out there for everyone who finds green tea bitter. And the only other thing different is that I talked to my mother this morning and although nothing is changed I had a very strong ephipany after we were done talking and I just feel an enormous amount of peace and thankfulness. Hope it will continue but I tend to be very VERY grateful for even the minutess decrease in pain so I am thrilled over here. Thanks everyone for all your support and caring and cyber hugs. You guys are the best! And I will take your advice Lucia and cut down the time of usage on the light until my skin feels stronger. If I may ask, how long have you been
using yours and what are your results? Sorry if you have already posted that info. Thanks.

Love,
Elena

Lucia wrote:
Hi Elena,

Maybe you should cut the time off a little bit, I know it says 15 minutes on the instruction, but maybe try 5~10 minutes as your face seems very sensitive now. I am doing the routine 15 minutes every night about 20 minutes after I wash my face n put on my skincare. Did you use the LED light right after you wash your face n put on the Squalon oil? If you did, try wait longer, wait till the oil is absorbed completely n then use the LED, the LED may not heat up your face but maybe it will warm up the oil you put on your face n cause the sensitivity. Hang in there!

Lucia

Elena Mutter wrote:
Thanks Tamara. It would be easier if I could decide if the flare is stress, the LED light, the Squalon oil or hey, the air we breathe! I'm leaning toward the stress. I've done nothing but cry the last two days and just generally hate myself so that's where I'm leaning. But can anyone say if the red LED can make you feel "sunburned"? I hesitate to throw that out there only because this flare is nothing that I haven't felt before but I am just a little "pinker-red" than I normally get...........but then again; WHAT'S normal with this? Two years ago I had never flushed or turned red so there really is no normal. Just curious. I think I am staying the 2 to 6 inches from the light (and by the way, it does get warm to the touch. Not what I'd call hot, cause I can touch it without burning myself; but definitely warm after about 8 minutes) so it's not like my face is heating up. Today I just had ice packs on my face and eyes all day. I just hate it when I get depressed
and all "poor me". But I don't bother my family with it or anything. I mean, I still do my thing and take care of everyone, but once I can go to bed or be alone I'm just crying and way too melancholy. I hate it when that happens LOL! I think I'm going to go to bed and watch funny Christmas movies..........thanks again Tamara; I love you and this group. Totally amazing people............now I'm going to cry again! Ssshhh........

Love,
Elena

rose jill wrote:
Oh Elena, I am sorry to hear this news, and I am sure your family issues have alot to do with it, after all stress really makes rosacea worse. I know how frustrating things can be when we have to try so many things and find out dissapointment. Sometimes, I get so fed up myself with not being able to do the simplist things I use to do and enjoy, but we have to cope with what we have been given and make it work, just know that when things are not going well, we are all here to help each other through this stage in our lives and ...o.k elena by now you are probably getting the voilin out,....o.k where is it lol I know you are about to throw up with my choice of words, elena ya life can suck and sometimes we can get so fed up. Elena, I just hope things get better and you are able to relax with a warm cup of green tea. bye elena tamara

Elena Mutter wrote:
Well, I was going to wait a few months before posting anything on my experience, but since you asked I will tell. I am going on my third week with the acnelamp one head all red LED and so far nothing. I am considerably worse today but my gut tells me it is a whole lot of stress and not the lamp. Big family issues with mom and enough said. Today my nose and spreading out to my cheeks is very red and my occular symptoms are about ready to make me jump off a bridge. I am going to try to calm down (but I don't hold out much hope for that), use the lamp as soon as I'm done here and go strictly protein and green vegetables starting tomorrow. This should be difficult with Thanksgiving and all the cooking I have to do. I am just so sick of dry, tight, stinging skin and eyes. All those oils and supplements and I still feel like leather. Life really sucks..........pardon my bad language, please.

Take care all,
Elena

tangont wrote:
I would like to hear from members of this group who have purchased
LED therapy devices if they have seen unequivocal and sustained
positive results from their use. What wavelengths were used in your
devices? How often did you use it? Were there any negative side-
effects?

Incidentally, we now have a thread about a doctor (Dr. Goldberg) who
uses yellow LED light to treat rosacea. Is this the same wavelength
as used in IPL treatments? If so, is there something unique about
this wavelength over other nearby colors? And for example, could not
someone use bandpass filtered sunlight to achieve the same effect?

So while I'm a bit skeptical, if this approach appears to have some
efficacy, I intend on building a prototype LED array based on the
best information I can find. At the moment, I have defined a
combination 660/880nM array using 96 and 72 LEDs respectively,
divided among 3 "hinged" panels. Using a 5Volt power supply, the
array would draw about 2.2Amp. It shouldn't be difficult to re-
implement the array for other color LEDs, if it turns out that, say,
a 585nM yellow LED produces a better effect. But before I spend the
time and dollars on this, I want to have some confidence that it
will be worth it.

Wayne

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links

---------------------------------
All new Yahoo! Mail -
---------------------------------
Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Degrees for working adults in as fast as 1 year. Bachelors, Masters, Associates. Top schools

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near historic lows: $150,000 loan as low as $579/mo. Intro-*Terms

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links


---------------------------------
All new Yahoo! Mail
---------------------------------
Get news delivered. Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___