Thursday, November 23, 2006

[rosacea] Re: Green Tea- White Tea - quick brewing note

Hi KHM,

I think it might be the brand I was using for white tea, but I did
steep the tea with hot water, not boiling water and it was still
bitter. The green tea wasn't bitter when I use this method. I use
Clipper brand teas.

I very much like the idea of steeping tea in cool water overnight.
That's a good way of avoiding a flush from drinking a hot beverage.

Take care,
Matija

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "khm4aim" <khm4aim@...> wrote:
>
> For those who are finding Green Tea very bitter
>
> If you have been brewing it the same as good old Lipton or Tetely
that
> may be the problem. Fermented teas are brewed with water that has
> been brought to a rolling boil - e.g. very hot.
>
> Green Teas are brewed with hot water, but not brought to a boil.
If
> the water is too hot the result is bitter (shock!).
>
> White tea is the same.
>
> And as some have found there is a LOT of variation between brands.
>
> I often don't even heat brew mine - I drink about 85 oz of cool tea
> every work day (honest).
>
> "Tea Recipe"
>
> I set it up the nite before and to 84 Oz of cool water I add 2
Jasmine
> Green tea bags, 2 white tea/pomegranete tea bags and one black tea
> with Mango.
>
> It is very sweet tasting with no sugar required at all.
>
> I take the container to work with me.
>
> I can put it in the microwave and warm a bit or ice it or drink it
> tepid, depending on the days temperature and requirements. Can't
say
> if it helps, but it sure does not cause me problems.
>
> Thanksgiving blessings to all the yanks, and greetings to eveyone
> else - I will count all of you as one of the things I give thanks
for
> today.
>
> KHM
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___