Thursday, November 23, 2006

[rosacea] Re: birth control

There is an absolutely wonderful set of posts on this subject on the
other forum

Read through this thread for a start

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?
t=2878&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=bioidentical&start=0

If you want more search for Bioidentical and Irishgenes as author.

KHM

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "sskplch" <sskplch@...>
wrote:
>
> I have the same experience.
> My skin is always better when I am taking BCPs. When I stop the
> pills my skin becomes a mess (red/P&P/oily/dry patches).
> So I think naturally my hormone level is not right.
>
> I whish that there was more research on this toppic, because that
> would help us ladies a lot.
>
> Saskia
>
>
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, <johnnycake@> wrote:
> >
> > just wanted to fill everyone in on a little birth control study
> i've been conducting on myself. if anyone from the group remembers
> me i'm one of the people who got pregnant & had great skin & my
> rosacea went away. well my baby is now 8 mos old & it had slowly
> crept back. i never had pimples b4 just redness. now my face is
> pretty broke out, so about 5 mos ago i started taking ortho tri
> cyclen. my face cleared up, but ladies you may know one of the
side
> effects of BC that it can make you a bit crazy at times ha! so i
> stopped taking it. the redness & pimples came back. i couldn't
stand
> it so the next mo. i started taking it again. skin cleared, but i
> was worried about being on BC for an extended period of time so i
> stopped again. redness & bumps back again! so personally i do
relate
> my rosacea to hormones. i think the estrogen boost from the BC
> clears me up.
> >
> > just wanted to share :)
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___