Sunday, November 26, 2006

[rosacea] Re: Allergic Reaction To MetroLotion (metronidazole) and Rosac?

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "patlockhart"
<polockhart@...> wrote:
>
> I read the new book The Skin Type Solution, saw my dermatologist and
> picked up a prescription for Rosac (Combination Sodium Sulfacetamide
> 10% and Sulfur 5% Cream). I have used it a few times and seemed to
> notice a tightening of my throat, and a general sense of "unease"
like
> I might be having an allergic reaction to it. I have had an severe
> allergic reaction to oral sulfa antibiotics in the past (over 10
years
> ago).
>
> I decided not to use it for a few days just in case it might be a
> problem. I have some older (expired) MetroLotion that the
> dermatologist prescribed for me a long time ago. I researched that
> carefully and found very little in the way of possible side effects,
> generally local. So I used it moderately for the last few days. Last
> night at bedtime, I washed carefully and applied about 1/2 tsp of it
> on my face. I was reading in bed and noticed a tightening of my
throat
> and a kind of allergic pain in my stomach and esophagus. I worried I
> might be having an allergic reaction to the MetroLotion. I got up
and
> took a benadryl, which I do take occasionally without trouble. Went
to
> sleep and woke up in a panic about an hour later feeling very
> uncomfortable. My symptoms in general are a general body puffiness
and
> tightness,(esp hands and face) and a feeling of "uneasiness." I also
> developed some hives along the side of my neck (which I do have
> infrequently in general). I have been up for hours and still feel
very
> uncomfortable although I can finally get my ring off my finger.
>
> Has anyone experienced symptoms like this from one of the meds I
have
> listed, or any rosacea meds in general? I really want to give one of
> these a try but I don't want to feel like this all the time.
> Thanks for any advice,
> Pat
>
Hi Pat,
I had an averse reaction to both rosac and metrolotion. My derm has
taken me off all topicals for now. I'm only on solodyne which has
helped with the red bumps ( all gone since solodyne- 1 month so far)
My flushing is still a real problem- and the burning.
Can anyone tell me what z cream is?
Thanks, Melissa

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___