Saturday, November 25, 2006

Re: [rosacea] supplements

Unfortunately, there is not a hard and fast rule for supplementation. What
works for some does not work for others. It will take a trial and error
basis to see for certain. Thus, better to try things one at a time to get a
clearer picture of what actually is working. For me personally, I have
found supplements in general to have a lesser demonstrable importance than:

1) Learning and avoiding (as much as possible) my triggers, dietary and
environmental.
2) Finding a few high quality topicals that work for me.
3) Being really aware of the quality of water I am putting on my face.
4) Cleaning up my diet and getting away from processed food for the most
part.

Still, others have had great success with a particular supplement, and it's
defintely worth investigating.

Brian
----- Original Message -----
From: star52star52
To: rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 12:03 AM
Subject: [rosacea] supplements

I have been trying to read the old posts, and feel a bit overwhelmed!
I am going to buy some supplements to try to help-I have flushing and
broken capillaries, and am surprised that some, such as evening
primrose oil, that I thought would be helpful seem to cause problems
for people.

What supplements should I try? I am considering grape seed extract,
salmon oil, pycnogenol, zinc sulphate-after reading that study where
it seemed to really help heal rosacea recently, vitamin c, and
digestive enzymes. Do probiotics help? And I will avoid regular
multivitamins due to the niacin.

Thanks!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___