Sunday, November 26, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Re: P& Ps

Yeah, that's what I try to do. There is something over the counter sold at drug stores to help hot flashes but I steer clear of that one too. At one time my primary doctor wanted me to take some sort of supplement whose name escapes me at the moment.......something with initials....D, something, something, something but suggested I run it past my neuro-guy first. This was also at a time when I was waiting to have that breast biopsy. Neuro told me not to touch those until biopsy results were back and even then, check with the breast oncologist first. Wish I could remember the name of that supplement........it's hell getting old(er) isn't it? Hugs! el

Sarah Arnold <phlika29@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: Ellen

Yes in that case i would steer clear of anything that might affect it. I guess that a doc
would mention black cohosh to patient if he/she felt it would help anyway.

Sarah

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, ellen lafrancis <ellenlafrancis@...> wrote:
>
> I'm scared of black cohash. I'm scared of anything that might mimic estrogen or any
other hormone. I have atypical ductal hyperplasia in my left breast. This means I have
too many cells, and they are abnormal but not cancerous at this time. It is however a big
red flag for breast cancer. Add to this, an aunt that died of ovarian cancer and this makes
another big red flag for breast cancer. Then there was the brain tumor. The type I had, a
meningioma, is thought to be fed by progesterone...another type of hormome. I have to
be very, very careful about hormones or anything like and I'm being monitored really
closely by mammogram, breast ultrasound and breast MRI (plus yearly MRI of my noggin).
>
> I don't think I'm flushing any more than usual on the Clonidine and it IS helping with
the hot flashes. For that alone, I'm loving these little pills. el
>
> o.uk> wrote:
> Ellen
>
> Clonidine is one of those funny ones, it works well for some and not for others. I reacted
> to it really bad and it increased my flushing almost immediately. If it seems to be
working
> I would carry on for abit longer ( I think they are meant to lessen the flushing in
intensity
> and length).
>
> Have you tried Black cohosh as this can help with flushing caused by menopausal hot
> flushes?
>
> Sarah
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, ellen lafrancis <ellenlafrancis@> wrote:
> >
> > Sarah, thank you for sharing your notes. I was particularly interested in the debate
over
> beta-blockers. I've been taking Clonidine for about three weeks now. My OB/GYN
actually
> prescribed them to give me some relief from my hot flashes (I'm at heavy risk for breast
> cancer so hormones are out of the question). Not sure if it's helped the flushing. I want
to
> say it has but tonight I'm pretty red.......'course that could be the result of a pig-out at a
> Mediterranean buffet today. (Told ya'll I wasn't good at moderation) ellen
> >
> >
> > Sarah Arnold <phlika29@> wrote:
> > Saskia and everyone else
> >
> > I recently went on a rosacea information day in London and have posted my notes on
> the
> > rosacea forum recently.
> >
> > If you are interested in them I have posted the direct link below:
> >
> > http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=4531
> >
> > Not sure how useful it is, but there you go.
> >
> > Sarah
> >
> > --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "sskplch" <sskplch@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks Sarah,
> > >
> > > This info is very helpful to me!
> > >
> > > Saskia
> > >
> > > --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah Arnold"
> > > <phlika29@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Ellen
> > > >
> > > > The p & ps will come and go or they can just hang around for a
> > > while. Talking to a
> > > > consultant derm the other day (Dr Bewley) he said that they occur
> > > after you flush as this
> > > > allows fluid to seep into the cells and set up as a p or p. Now I
> > > know that isn't the case for
> > > > everyone but I certainly find that if I flush more then I get more
> > > papules.
> > > >
> > > > It won't be caused by you apllying the alcohol all those years ago
> > > but you. The derm also
> > > > talked about a genetic disposition to rosacea and again often made
> > > worse bu other factors
> > > > such as trauma to the skin.
> > > >
> > > > This is how I think my skin progressed: Flusher since birth,
> > > broken veins by a teenager,
> > > > electrolysis as teenager worsened conditiion, pulse dye laser in
> > > early twenties, prescribed
> > > > antibiotics for acne increased flushing, acne no better so given
> > > high dose roaccutane,
> > > > rosacea out of control, prescribed retinoid cream to help the
> > > continuing 'spots', back on
> > > > antibiotics for continuing 'spots', back to derm who suggested
> > > seeing another derm for
> > > > laser, finally diagnosed after 10 years of inappropriate treatment.
> > > >
> > > > Key for treatment of p&p's is to control the flushing or treat the
> > > inflammation
> > > > (antiobiotics).
> > > >
> > > > Sarah
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get
things
> done faster.
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

---------------------------------
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___