Monday, November 20, 2006

[rosacea] Re: Red (or Yellow?) LED Therapy

Hi Wayne: I don't know about wavelengths, etc., but I have been using
a single head acne lamp that has a combination of red and near-
infrared bulbs.

Here is the one I use: http://www.acnelamp.com/product.php?id=1004

It's spendy but has been well worth it. I've had great results so far.
I use it 15 minutes every morning before getting up.

Cheers!

Artist

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "tangont" <tangont@...> wrote:
>
> I would like to hear from members of this group who have purchased
> LED therapy devices if they have seen unequivocal and sustained
> positive results from their use. What wavelengths were used in your
> devices? How often did you use it? Were there any negative side-
> effects?
>
> Incidentally, we now have a thread about a doctor (Dr. Goldberg) who
> uses yellow LED light to treat rosacea. Is this the same wavelength
> as used in IPL treatments? If so, is there something unique about
> this wavelength over other nearby colors? And for example, could not
> someone use bandpass filtered sunlight to achieve the same effect?
>
> So while I'm a bit skeptical, if this approach appears to have some
> efficacy, I intend on building a prototype LED array based on the
> best information I can find. At the moment, I have defined a
> combination 660/880nM array using 96 and 72 LEDs respectively,
> divided among 3 "hinged" panels. Using a 5Volt power supply, the
> array would draw about 2.2Amp. It shouldn't be difficult to re-
> implement the array for other color LEDs, if it turns out that, say,
> a 585nM yellow LED produces a better effect. But before I spend the
> time and dollars on this, I want to have some confidence that it
> will be worth it.
>
> Wayne
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___