Sunday, November 26, 2006

Re: [rosacea] yeast, citrus, yogurt, other flaring foods

Yeah, and I had one doctor say that the whole food connection was "crap". That's a quote.

ruizdelvizo <ruizdelvizo@yahoo.com> wrote: Elena,

I know, and then some in the medical field (I won't mention names)
act like it is one size fits all. Ugh! It is very frustrating. I wish
there were some studies on food triggers somewhere. I've even seen it
said that it's just spicy food and hot drinks that are a problem and
that's it. That's not true.

Take care,
Matija

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@...>
wrote:
>
> I know Matija! It is EXACTLY the same for me! That's what I hate
most about Rosacea. I swear there is not another disease that acts
this way where there are so many variables. I've said it
before..........if you have diabetes then you don't eat sugar and it
is the same for every diabetic. You don't get this "well I can eat
snickers okay but you might not be able to..." what is that?? I
feel like Rudolf.........."even among misfits we're misfits" . Ah,
well, all this food talk...........I think I'll go have a handful of
almonds and some olives........yippee........
>
> Take care,
> Elena
>
> ruizdelvizo <ruizdelvizo@...> wrote:
> I'm the same, Elena. I can't do oranges or grapefruit,
but don't have
> a problem with lemon and limes. I wish the rule of what works for
me
> may not work for you would be struck down too. I'd like to know who
> to petition to have that happen!
> Take care,
> Matija
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Citrus does usually cause problems but lemons and limes usually
do
> not. Although, here again is the lovely and weird rule of works for
> me but may not for you.........are we all sick of hearing that yet
LOL
> >
> > Aimee <wwwdotchat@> wrote: Anything citrus and vinegar
> flares me. I'd say for now, yogurt would be ok if it doesn't flare
> you.
> > Aimee
> >
> > star52star52 <star52star52@> wrote:
> > Does yeast cause flares for most people? I have been taking a
yeast
> > supplement caleld Bio Strath, hoping that it would help my skin
and
> > hair. Just recently read that this could be bad.
> >
> > Also I eat yogurt regularly and thought this would be helpful.
How
> > common is it to react badly to this?
> >
> > What about lemon juice and vinegar?
> >
> > I know each person is different, but besides the obvious
avoidance
> of
> > hot drinks, white foods, alcohol, and spicy foods, any other
> > recommendations that seem to help?
> >
> > Do you know soon after eating if a food is bad for your skin?
Like
> > with hot drinks, I get red immediately, but with yogurt, I seem
to
> be
> > fine after. Does that mean it is definitely an okay food for me?
> >
> > Confusing!
> >
> > --
> > Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> > New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-
> research.org/wiki
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small
Business.
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

---------------------------------
Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___