Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Singulair

Hi, two weeks after starting singulair (I was feeling so awful when I
started that I didn't much care about researching it, was willing to
try anything recommended), just tonight, I got around to checking out
the website, and yes much of it is devoted to discussing the drug and
treatment of asthma.
But further down it details how it treats allergies, too.

And as I said earlier, according to my doctor (again, this is her
opinion and observation only), Singulair is not currently officially
being prescribed for any skin conditions, however, and this is a
direct quote: "It will be."

At least in my case, just two weeks on, I can see why it will soon be
used for treating skin conditions.

The jury is still out even for me. It's only been a couple weeks so I
have to wait and see if it is coincience, weather, change in diet,
etc...who knows...with my rosacea it seems like there are endless
triggers (ditto the excema) too many to really pinpoint.

But I remain hopeful! Just wanted to share a possible idea for
others. anyone who also suffers from either asthma and/or allergies,
it might not be a bad idea to run singulair by one's doctor. I had
never heard of it till two weeks ago but so far so good!

Have a great holiday everyone!

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, rose jill
<roseflowerbloom@...> wrote:
>
> fifi, actually just looked it up, and it indicates its for asthma?
does not say for rosacea anywhere. Anyway, also wondered how long you
can be on this type of drug before it poses problems? I am happy you
know its allergies causing your problems. good luck tamara
>
> Fifi Trixiebelle <fantushinka@...> wrote: I don't post or even
visit often, for which I apologize, and also if
> this has already been talked about...
>
> However...
>
> A couple weeks ago I went in to my MD after feeling really horrible
> for a couple of months. My roseacea was worse as ever, ditto
excema,
> I was puffy and achy with painful joints.
>
> And after some blood tests to check just in case for various
> arthritic diseases, it was determined that I have severe allergies.
>
> So much that my life had become nearly unlivable.
>
> When my doctor prescribed Singulair to treat the allergies, she
> said, "Now, this is not being officially used for skin conditions
> yet, but IT WILL BE"
>
> Two weeks later, I am cautiously optimistic. Like most others here
I
> have tried everything and so I am reluctant to to get too excited
> just yet.
>
> But, today some co-workers came up to me to ask what I was doing to
> make my skin look so much better. And while my excema (which for
> years has tortured only my calves!) is still present, it rarely
> itches and is fading. Same with my face.
>
> Today I am hopeful! And would love to know if others have had or
are
> having a similar experience with Singulair?
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-
research.org/wiki
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___