Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Singulair

Singulair is also used for allergies. I have been on it a couple
years - first heard of it on this board. It is very helpful for
allergies, my Rosacea, and (really off label- my migraines)

It is not an antihistamine. It is an antiinflamatory. It prevents
the inflamatory chemical chain from going on. You can do a search
on it in this forum and you will find a lot of detail - it has been
discussed before. You might check out Boswellia as well - it has a
similar action.

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, rose jill
<roseflowerbloom@...> wrote:
>
> fifi, actually just looked it up, and it indicates its for asthma?
does not say for rosacea anywhere. Anyway, also wondered how long
you can be on this type of drug before it poses problems? I am happy
you know its allergies causing your problems. good luck tamara
>
> Fifi Trixiebelle <fantushinka@...> wrote: I don't post or even
visit often, for which I apologize, and also if
> this has already been talked about...
>
> However...
>
> A couple weeks ago I went in to my MD after feeling really
horrible
> for a couple of months. My roseacea was worse as ever, ditto
excema,
> I was puffy and achy with painful joints.
>
> And after some blood tests to check just in case for various
> arthritic diseases, it was determined that I have severe allergies.
>
> So much that my life had become nearly unlivable.
>
> When my doctor prescribed Singulair to treat the allergies, she
> said, "Now, this is not being officially used for skin conditions
> yet, but IT WILL BE"
>
> Two weeks later, I am cautiously optimistic. Like most others here
I
> have tried everything and so I am reluctant to to get too excited
> just yet.
>
> But, today some co-workers came up to me to ask what I was doing
to
> make my skin look so much better. And while my excema (which for
> years has tortured only my calves!) is still present, it rarely
> itches and is fading. Same with my face.
>
> Today I am hopeful! And would love to know if others have had or
are
> having a similar experience with Singulair?
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-
research.org/wiki
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go
to Yahoo! Answers.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___