Thursday, November 23, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Singulair

Luckily (??) I am also very very allergic, and that is an "on label"
use of Singulair.

So that is the "official" reason I am on it - but it helps with
allergies and more.

If you did well with Singulair you may want to try Boswellia - I
seem to remember it inhibits a different inflamatory process, but it
has a similar action. It helped my Rosacea, but did nothing for my
allergies - at least I don't think it did.

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Ruth Hooper <reh1960@...>
wrote:
>
> My GP put me on Singulair for my rosacea symptoms a few years ago
and it really helped. My insurance put an end to that after a year
or so.
>
> Ruth
>
>
>
> Fifi Trixiebelle <fantushinka@...> wrote:
> I don't post or even visit often, for which I apologize,
and also if
> this has already been talked about...
>
> However...
>
> A couple weeks ago I went in to my MD after feeling really
horrible
> for a couple of months. My roseacea was worse as ever, ditto
excema,
> I was puffy and achy with painful joints.
>
> And after some blood tests to check just in case for various
> arthritic diseases, it was determined that I have severe allergies.
>
> So much that my life had become nearly unlivable.
>
> When my doctor prescribed Singulair to treat the allergies, she
> said, "Now, this is not being officially used for skin conditions
> yet, but IT WILL BE"
>
> Two weeks later, I am cautiously optimistic. Like most others here
I
> have tried everything and so I am reluctant to to get too excited
> just yet.
>
> But, today some co-workers came up to me to ask what I was doing
to
> make my skin look so much better. And while my excema (which for
> years has tortured only my calves!) is still present, it rarely
> itches and is fading. Same with my face.
>
> Today I am hopeful! And would love to know if others have had or
are
> having a similar experience with Singulair?
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Sponsored Link
>
> Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $310,000 Mortgage for $999/mo -
Calculate new house payment
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___