Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Red (or Yellow?) LED Therapy

Hi Sarah, do you mean to say that the organic grape juices you buy have no sugar in them? I have bought cranberry juice this way. To "sweeten" it I would have the natural plant product, Stevia. I usually just buy Welch's grape juice (the regular one) as I don't recall it containing any "added" sugar, but I assumed it got it's sweet taste because grapes are naturally sweet. The plain cranberry juice has no sweetness whatsoever and I figure that's because they are a tart fruit. I love grape juice because they say that you can drink it and get the exact same benefits of drinking red wine. I think that is great!

Take care,
Elena

Sarah Arnold <phlika29@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Elena

I tend to buy organic grape juice either red or white if I'm going somewhere. I find it
doens't affect my skin, tastes nice and I can pretend I'm drinking wine.

I tend to avoid all the really sugary alternatives as the next day my skin can be abit worse.

Sarah

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Elena Mutter <emgm42000@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Sarah, thanks for the info. Yes, I always buy organic because I don't like playing
around with sulfites. Obviously, since I only have a glass at Thanksgiving and Christmas it
is not such a big thing for me to forgo, but I was just wondering about the non-alcoholic
versions since I'm not in it for the buzz so to speak. Thanks again.
>
> ~Elena
>
> Sarah Arnold <phlika29@...> wrote:
> Well Elena I'm probably not the best person to ask about alcohol as I've only had it
about
> twice in my whole life. But from my understading is that the alchohol itself causes the
> blood vessels to dilate and it can also set up a histamine reaction. To help prevent this
> reaction you can take antihistamines beforehand but they have to be the H2 ones (or is
it
> the H1 type).
>
> Here is a link to the rosacea forum where Twickle Purple explained the differnce
between
> the two:
>
> http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=4526
>
> By the look of it its Zantac that works on the gut. Mind you I think they might effect how
> drunk you get. Or as you say then get a non alcoholic one but try to get an organic one
as
> it will have less preservatives in it.
>
> Sarah
>

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___