Monday, November 20, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Red (or Yellow?) LED Therapy

Well, I was going to wait a few months before posting anything on my experience, but since you asked I will tell. I am going on my third week with the acnelamp one head all red LED and so far nothing. I am considerably worse today but my gut tells me it is a whole lot of stress and not the lamp. Big family issues with mom and enough said. Today my nose and spreading out to my cheeks is very red and my occular symptoms are about ready to make me jump off a bridge. I am going to try to calm down (but I don't hold out much hope for that), use the lamp as soon as I'm done here and go strictly protein and green vegetables starting tomorrow. This should be difficult with Thanksgiving and all the cooking I have to do. I am just so sick of dry, tight, stinging skin and eyes. All those oils and supplements and I still feel like leather. Life really sucks..........pardon my bad language, please.

Take care all,
Elena

tangont <tangont@yahoo.com> wrote:
I would like to hear from members of this group who have purchased
LED therapy devices if they have seen unequivocal and sustained
positive results from their use. What wavelengths were used in your
devices? How often did you use it? Were there any negative side-
effects?

Incidentally, we now have a thread about a doctor (Dr. Goldberg) who
uses yellow LED light to treat rosacea. Is this the same wavelength
as used in IPL treatments? If so, is there something unique about
this wavelength over other nearby colors? And for example, could not
someone use bandpass filtered sunlight to achieve the same effect?

So while I'm a bit skeptical, if this approach appears to have some
efficacy, I intend on building a prototype LED array based on the
best information I can find. At the moment, I have defined a
combination 660/880nM array using 96 and 72 LEDs respectively,
divided among 3 "hinged" panels. Using a 5Volt power supply, the
array would draw about 2.2Amp. It shouldn't be difficult to re-
implement the array for other color LEDs, if it turns out that, say,
a 585nM yellow LED produces a better effect. But before I spend the
time and dollars on this, I want to have some confidence that it
will be worth it.

Wayne

---------------------------------
Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___