Saturday, November 25, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Re: yeast, citrus, yogurt, other flaring foods

hahaha......about the lemon.
i gave up peanut butter last year when i had been flaring all the time while eating peanut butter sandwhiches.
emily
----- Original Message -----
From: nurse_artist
To: rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 3:32 PM
Subject: [rosacea] Re: yeast, citrus, yogurt, other flaring foods

Walnuts? Hmmm. I've suspected walnuts myself for a while but didn't
think they could be a trigger unless I was allergic to them. I'll have
to give them a good test. I can eat lemon, nya, nya!! ;)

Artist

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "dfries2003" <dfries2003@...>
wrote:
>
> Hi star52,
>
> Dietary triggers, like other triggers, can be quite confusing as
some
> things that can be triggers for some do not cause problems for
others.
> Still, knowing the possible triggers can help you discover your
own
> personal triggers through a little trial and error. We have a
> pretty good set of pages in the RSRP on potential dietary triggers:
>
> http://rosacea-research.org/wiki/index.php/Dietary_Influence
>
> As for your specific questions, yes, yeasts, yogurt, lemon, and
> vinegar can cause problems for many of us. My personal worst
> triggers include mustards, spinach, walnuts, yogurt, tuna, lemon,
> vinegars, alcohol, and foods/supplements/drugs high in salicylates.
> These may not all be problematic for you though, and you may have
> some additional triggers.
>
> I found it helpful to change only one thing at a time in my diet and
> then monitor my reaction for 5-7 days or so to see how I reacted
> helped me to identify identify some of my food triggers when I was
at
> my worst. Some (like the worst offenders listed above) seem to
cause
> an almost instant flush/burn for me, but others seem to take a
little
> longer to identify...
>
> Anyway, hope this helps...
>
> Dan
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "star52star52"
> <star52star52@> wrote:
> >
> > Does yeast cause flares for most people? I have been taking a
yeast
> > supplement caleld Bio Strath, hoping that it would help my skin
and
> > hair. Just recently read that this could be bad.
> >
> > Also I eat yogurt regularly and thought this would be helpful.
How
> > common is it to react badly to this?
> >
> > What about lemon juice and vinegar?
> >
> > I know each person is different, but besides the obvious avoidance
of
> > hot drinks, white foods, alcohol, and spicy foods, any other
> > recommendations that seem to help?
> >
> > Do you know soon after eating if a food is bad for your skin? Like
> > with hot drinks, I get red immediately, but with yogurt, I seem to
be
> > fine after. Does that mean it is definitely an okay food for me?
> >
> > Confusing!
> >
>

--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___