Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Re: [rosacea] P& Ps

Well that makes me feel better. My evil stepdad (really evil but thats another story) saw me doing that one day and about came unglued. He went on and on about damaging my skin......I'd hate to think he was right about ANYTHING.

arteest103 <arteest103@earthlink.net> wrote: When I saw a new derm last month we had a discussion about the cause(s) of
rosacea. I told him I had a theory based upon what I¹ve read over the years
on this board‹that it seems to be genetic on one level and that some sort of
trauma like too much sun, glycolic peels, too many chemicals in the
environment (turpentine, in my case), etc., sets it off. He said he pretty
much agreed, with an emphasis on the inherited aspect.

Karen

From: ellen lafrancis <ellenlafrancis@yahoo.com>
Reply-To: "rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com"
<rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:10:06 -0800 (PST)
To: "rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com" <rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [rosacea] P& Ps

Okay. Do they come and go? I have some bumpy areas that never really go
away and some that come and then go. Of course one of those stayed for a
long time, would bleed and get smaller and then be there again........turned
out to be basal cell carcinoma (but gone now). Thanks for the explanation.
Here I thought I had acne in my middle age (and I had beautiful skin back in
the days when I SHOULD have been dealing with acne.

Another question: Do we know if this is just something we are born to
have? When I was a teenager I had very oily skin (and into my adult years
actually) and sometimes, when I had nothing else, I would wipe my face with
a cotton ball dipped in alcohal. Did I CAUSE this to happen to me? What
about years of sun exposure and sunburns?

Sarah Arnold <phlika29@yahoo.co.uk <mailto:phlika29%40yahoo.co.uk> > wrote:
Ellen

I was the same not sure what p&p's stood for but I was too afraid to ask.
You are right in
thinking that it stands for papules aswell as pustules. Papules are like the
ones you
describe (small red lumps without heads) whereas pustules have a head to
them.

best wishes

Sarah

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___