Saturday, November 25, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Dark Chocolate and Flavanoids [was maltodextrin]

I do eat a square of dark, bitter chocolate every day. It's only 50
calories and tastes soooo good. It's by a French company called
Valrhona, and it's their 85% cocoa Noir bar. It's chock full of
flavonoids and does not bother my rosacea at all. I buy it at Trader
Joe's for $2.69 for an eight-square bar.

The other candies that other people have mentioned are sooo good too.
If your rosacea can stand it, life is a little bit better with a bit
of candy once in a while.

Take care,
Matija

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Kemx <kemx@...> wrote:
>
> i eat 4 mini size three muskateers bars a day.....they are 25
calories each.
>
> Ricky Butler <classics_guy@...> wrote:
> I Love the 'wimpy' wines Arbor Mist!! red wine doesn't appeal to
me
> its bitter. but I avoid drinking any alcohol
> I sometimes pretend to have wine, with grape juice..
> im not a huge chocolate fan, unless its dipped in peanut butter!
>
>
>
> ellen lafrancis wrote:
> ROFL....that moderation will get you everytime! My downfall too! I
love chocolate -- all except white chocolate (which from what I've
heard isn't really chocolate) but I could easily give up milk
chocolate if I was 'allowed' dark chocolate. As for the wine --
especially red, no temptation there. I prefer sweet German wines.
>
> dfries2003 wrote: Hi Ellen,
>
> I'm not sure about dark chocolate necessarily being all that
> rosacea-friendly, but some recent studies suggest that dark
chocolate
> (not milk chocolate unfortunately) is extremely high in beneficial
> flavonoids which may help regulate blood pressure, cholesterol
levels
> and interestingly even insulin levels:
>
> http://www.webmd.com/content/article/88/99702.htm
>
>
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/guide/prevention/nutrit
ion/chocolate.htm
>
> http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20050813/food.asp
>
> Evidently moderation is in order (CURSE YOU MODERATION!), but it's
> always nice to learn that something so good might also be so good
for
> you, right? And in my mind, there's nothing better than enjoying a
> good piece of dark chocolate with a great glass of red wine (double
> your flavonoids and double your pleasure)...
>
> Dan
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, ellen lafrancis
> wrote:
> >
> > Mmmmm......Milk Duds. Those are a fond memory.....lost a crown to
> one of those little boogers (and later what was left of the tooth).
I
> don't care much for Butterfingers but I do like those new
> Buttterfingers -- the wafer kind. My drug of choice is Reeces Pieces
> and I'm not good at stopping at the snack sized ones. My very
> favorite though is DARK chocolate. Any chance that DARK chocolate is
> safe to eat?????
> >
> > nurse_artist wrote: ha ha..that gave me
> a good laugh! Actually, I prefer Milk Duds. Better
> > yet, Butterfingers or Baby Ruths....yum. I can't remember the
last
> > time I ate a whole candy bar. Once in a blue moon I'll eat one of
the
> > snack sized ones. YUM.
> >
> > Artist
> >
> > --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, arteest103
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > No, Artist, they are gross. :D (Sorry, Matija. But I AM sorry
you
> > miss
> > > them so much!)
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited.
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful
email and get things done faster.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> --
> Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-
research.org/wiki
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> --
> Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-
research.org/wiki
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___