Sunday, November 26, 2006

Re: [rosacea] cold ponds cream.

Haven't tried Ponds Cold Cream. My skin was always oily and is just now going to dry - something new for me to figure out. I found a cleanser I like and alternate it with my Aveeno Ultra-Calming cleanser when the Aveeno begins to make me feel a bit tight. This new one is by Dove. It's called Cool Moisture foaming facial cleanser with cucumber extract and green tea. On the tube it says its made for dry to normal skin. I like it -- feels good to wash with and I did check the list of ingredients with the list of irritants before I bought it. The Aveeno feels nice too and is supposedly to clean and soften even dry, sensitive skin. Mostly I use that one but sometimes, especially when dear wimpy husband turns on the heater...I have to move over to the Dove cleanser. As you said though....every Rosacean is different. Be so much easier to figure this out if there were hard and fast rules to it! el

tamara <roseflowerbloom@yahoo.ca> wrote: Hey guys, anyone use this? it has mineral oil in it though, is that a
nono for rosaceans? Just wondered about it. My mom uses it every
night, she had rosacea many years, and gone now after taking
cholesterol medication. My mom to this day looks fab. I asked her also
what moisteriser she uses, and she said cold ponds and loves it, will
never change. My mom is lucky, I dont want to use the word cure, but
she has been in remission since the chol. pills...she is very lucky.
My mom use to have it bad, and she also mentioned to me that since her
cat passed away, her skin is even better. WHAT! I have a cat and he is
my baby lol, my dad use to break out in hives and itch and loved the
cat too much so he suffered alot, yaaa i know crazy, he hated going to
the doctors too, it always cracked me up alot, because as soon as we
said "doctors" he would tell us to bugger off.
Anyway, it just makes me think when I think about my mom and when I
visited my sisters...she can now drink wine without flushing, I stay
the heck away until the z cream eliminates this rosacea completely. I
just wanted to mention this, i did mention this before, this is why
every rosacean is so different and there are so many factors involved.
I no longer believe that because my mom has (had) it that because i
developed it, its the irish thing and thats it. For me since being on
the z cream, I am 50% better now and its been almost 3 months on it. I
want you all to know that there is hope, and when I see my mom, she
has never looked better, and her skin cleared by accident as she tells
me...she thinks it is the chol.meds that really made her feel better
inside out, and I am pleased to see my mom in remission, as she had
rosacea for many years. tamara

---------------------------------
Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___