Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Blue light possible precursor for Rosacea?

On 22/11/06 11:18, "leemey2000" <johnjameskeane@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My condition has worsed over the past few months since then and
> I 've got to wondering if the Blue (UV) light may have exascerbated
> things?

I'm a bit confused. What do you mean by Blue (UV)? Was it blue or was it
ultraviolet? As I understand it (but someone correct me if I'm wrong)
ultraviolet has a wavelength of between about 10 and 380 nanometres, while
blue light is around 400 to 480 nm. If your treatment was with ultraviolet
light then I should think it could well have exacerbated your rosacea; if it
was blue, then I'd have thought that was much less likely -- I can't find
any evidence that blue light specifically aggravates rosacea, but maybe I'm
looking in the wrong place!

> I ask advice on this because I'm considering getting a lamp for home
> therapy and would still consider blue with red, nbut not if the blue
> is lightly to aggravate the condition.

I have been using red and blue light for about six weeks -- 15 minutes of
each daily, using bulbs containing 21 standard (not super bright) LEDs and
an ordinary desk lamp designed to take halogen GU10 bulbs. The wavelengths
are 625 nm (red) and 470 nm (blue), which are apparently not the best
wavelengths to use. I haven't noticed any significant difference in my
rosacea, better or worse. However, I have had no acne lesions at all in the
last two or three weeks, which is very unusual for me. It could be
coincidence, but I'm hopeful. Still, if you do find evidence to indicate
that blue light triggers rosacea, I'd be very grateful if you'd pass it on!

Emma

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___