Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Blue light possible precursor for Rosacea?

Not blue or UV light - I don't think blue would help rosacea, just acne. UV light would definately not be a good idea. It has to be red or near-infrared, and possibly yellow light - not blue or UV. The red/near infrared acne lamp combo has been great for me so far. But then again, we are all different. For example, the ltd disk helps many, but makes a mess out of my skin. You may want to follow reports on red/near-infrared/yellow light for quite some time and then decide. I think it's probably a very powerful, harmless rosacea treatment from what i have learned and experienced so far.

Cheers!

Artist

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, Aimee <wwwdotchat@...> wrote:
>
> Yes Tamara, I feel the same way and I"m only talking about myself.
It surely wouldn't work for me.
>
> I was getting low intensity laser on my upper back for muscle
pain, and I had to quit it because it would flare me each and every
time it was used on me.
> I would not try this light therapy.
>
> Aimee
>
> rose jill <roseflowerbloom@...> wrote:
> o.k jon I am not very educated in any of the light approach, but
giving my 2 cents I would be afraid of using any form of light on my
face, forget it! I think it can only pose more damage to the skin.
THis is only my opinion here, I just think rosacea is so darn
sensitive, why put a light to make matters worse, id be way to afraid
of further damage. tamara
>
> leemey2000 wrote: Hi All,
>
> While this is my first post here, I have valued the incredible
> information and assistance offered by the group through this site
> since I was diagnosed at the start of the year.
>
> My R. is generally of the P & P nature brought on by flushing and
> other triggers. Earlier in the year, I underwent a course of 7 x
> light therapy 30 min blue and 30 min red, thinking (in my limited
> knowledge then!!) that my P & P were Acne-related. A couple of years
> ago I got some benefit from a blue light course for Acne (comodonic
> kind) which has now changed to the painless but ugly red p & p s of
> Rosacea.
>
> My condition has worsed over the past few months since then and
> I 've got to wondering if the Blue (UV) light may have exascerbated
> things?
>
> I ask advice on this because I'm considering getting a lamp for home
> therapy and would still consider blue with red, nbut not if the blue
> is lightly to aggravate the condition.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> Jon
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/
wiki
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Share your photos with the people who matter at Yahoo! Canada Photos
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
> --
> Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
> New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/
wiki
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___