Friday, November 24, 2006

[rosacea] Re: my skin is clear for a month now

Thats 3 rabbits, I lost about 10 pounds also, thanks for your
encouraging words. I have been taking flaxseed oil for a while, but
didnt know it was good for rosacea....as for milk thistle I take it a
couple times a year for a few weeks as a liver cleanse....how often
are you taking it?

3 months with only 1 flare, and it was the day after I scarfed a lot
of pizza.....several days of feeling that burning feeling, then it
subsided again, so it looks pretty good that there is a connection

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "yana_rs" <yana_rs@...> wrote:
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "bsb1927" <bsb1927@> wrote:
> >This is great! You killed two rabbits with one bullet.
> I, too, want to switch to a low starch diet. I am a foodie but I
will have to do this for my
> rosacea's sake. :-) I feel that when I eat less, or less of starchy
foods, my face doesn't
> burn so much. Thanks you for sharing this with us.
>
>
> I have been taking flaxseed oil and milk thistle and have
experienced significant changes.
> But I will definitely give the lowstarch diet a try.
>
> Yana
>
> > I think I may have cured myself unintentionally. I have had rosacea
> > for about 10 years, with the last 4 or 5 being permenant and noticable
> > to some people (or at least now noticable to get occaisonal remarks).
> >
> > I was diagnosed with AS last year a form of arthritis, and in fighting
> > this problem I began what is called the low starch diet. This is not
> > adkins, but ends up somewhat similar. It is the elimination of grains
> > from the diet.
> >
> > No wheat, corn, barley, oats.....but for some reason most people can
> > eat rice. No potatoes, but sweet potatoes are tolerated better. I
> > wind up eating lots of vegetable (which I like anyway) but now eat
> > more fruit as well. I have been eating a limeted amount of sprouted
> > grain bread, as the grains are sprouted so much of the starch converts
> > to sugars. Sugar is ok.
> >
> > After about a month of this diet my arthritis started responding
> > favorably, but then I noticed my face was very clear. For about the
> > past month I have had NO redness on my face, and the constant slight
> > stingy hot feeling at the sides of my nose is completely gone. That
> > area feels smoother and more moist. I used to put a heavy cream
> > moisterizer on several times a day (Eucerin) and I dont need to
> > anymore. Needless to say I am very happy about this.
> >
> > I dont know if this is because of my AS condition that this worked for
> > me.....like maybe the AS triggered the Rosacea....I dont know. And I
> > dont know if this will work for others.....I am curious if this will
> > help out anyone on here
> >
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___