Friday, November 24, 2006

[rosacea] Re: my skin is clear for a month now

Thanks for the response,

I tried the anti-inflammitory diet recommended on several arthritis
web sites...no "nightshade" vegetables....potato, tomato, eggplant,
snd I think mushroom?...anyway I had no luck with that.....

One thing to keep in mind is that when you cut out wheat, you
eliminate a huge percentage of the junk foor and fast food that is
available to you, and you are forced to eat a lot more un processed
foods....so its hard to say how much that is helping things out as well

In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "ruizdelvizo" <ruizdelvizo@...>
wrote:
>
> I'm so glad that you were able to arrest your symptoms - rosacea and
> AS!
>
> I think this type of diet may be considered an anti-inflammatory one.
> I've used to post on this board quite a bit in the past, so forgive me
> if this has been covered.
>
>
http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsformedicaldisorders/a/antiinflamfood.htm
>
> Could it be what Brian was talking about in his earlier message
> http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/message/88605
>
> by avoiding wheat and corn is one means to decrease inflammation?
> Forgive me for being slow on the uptake here!
>
> The second part of the food equation for redness reduction is to
> concentrate on what to eat. You brought up that you eat more
> vegetables and fruits. I find if I eat 4-5 servings of veggies and 2-3
> servings of fruit a day, my skin looks a lot better. I try to eat
> nutrient rich veggies like cauliflower and broccoli.
>
> Again, I'm glad you're diet is helping both your arthritis and
> rosacea. Continued good health to you!
>
> Take care,
> Matija
>
>
> > > I think I may have cured myself unintentionally. I have had rosacea
> > > for about 10 years, with the last 4 or 5 being permenant and
noticable
> > > to some people (or at least now noticable to get occaisonal
remarks).
> > >
> > > I was diagnosed with AS last year a form of arthritis, and in
fighting
> > > this problem I began what is called the low starch diet. This
is not
> > > adkins, but ends up somewhat similar. It is the elimination of
grains
> > > from the diet.
> > >
> > > No wheat, corn, barley, oats.....but for some reason most people can
> > > eat rice. No potatoes, but sweet potatoes are tolerated better. I
> > > wind up eating lots of vegetable (which I like anyway) but now eat
> > > more fruit as well. I have been eating a limeted amount of sprouted
> > > grain bread, as the grains are sprouted so much of the starch
converts
> > > to sugars. Sugar is ok.
> > >
> > > After about a month of this diet my arthritis started responding
> > > favorably, but then I noticed my face was very clear. For about the
> > > past month I have had NO redness on my face, and the constant slight
> > > stingy hot feeling at the sides of my nose is completely gone. That
> > > area feels smoother and more moist. I used to put a heavy cream
> > > moisterizer on several times a day (Eucerin) and I dont need to
> > > anymore. Needless to say I am very happy about this.
> > >
> > > I dont know if this is because of my AS condition that this
worked for
> > > me.....like maybe the AS triggered the Rosacea....I dont know.
And I
> > > dont know if this will work for others.....I am curious if this will
> > > help out anyone on here
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___