Friday, November 24, 2006

[rosacea] Re: my skin is clear for a month now

I can eat wheat with no problem. I don't eat products made with white
flour. I found that those products seem to include malted barley
flour, which seems to be a trigger. I never been much of a junk food
eater anyway. My triggers preclude that! I eat bread made out of
organic whole wheat. I don't eat the whole loaf. I eat a couple of
slices a day. For my other grains, I have organic rolled oats for
breakfast and then brown rice or a yam as my starch for dinner. I
also try to get nine servings of fruits and veggies a day. This works
for me pretty well. As all of us with rosacea are painfully aware,
what works for one rosacean doesn't work for another. I'm glad you
found something that works for you.

Take care,
Matija

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "bmailb" <bmailb@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the response,
>
> I tried the anti-inflammitory diet recommended on several arthritis
> web sites...no "nightshade" vegetables....potato, tomato, eggplant,
> snd I think mushroom?...anyway I had no luck with that.....
>
> One thing to keep in mind is that when you cut out wheat, you
> eliminate a huge percentage of the junk foor and fast food that is
> available to you, and you are forced to eat a lot more un processed
> foods....so its hard to say how much that is helping things out as
well
>
>
> In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, "ruizdelvizo" <ruizdelvizo@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm so glad that you were able to arrest your symptoms - rosacea
and
> > AS!
> >
> > I think this type of diet may be considered an anti-inflammatory
one.
> > I've used to post on this board quite a bit in the past, so
forgive me
> > if this has been covered.
> >
> >
>
http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsformedicaldisorders/a/antiinflamfoo
d.htm
> >
> > Could it be what Brian was talking about in his earlier message
> > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/message/88605
> >
> > by avoiding wheat and corn is one means to decrease inflammation?
> > Forgive me for being slow on the uptake here!
> >
> > The second part of the food equation for redness reduction is to
> > concentrate on what to eat. You brought up that you eat more
> > vegetables and fruits. I find if I eat 4-5 servings of veggies
and 2-3
> > servings of fruit a day, my skin looks a lot better. I try to eat
> > nutrient rich veggies like cauliflower and broccoli.
> >
> > Again, I'm glad you're diet is helping both your arthritis and
> > rosacea. Continued good health to you!
> >
> > Take care,
> > Matija
> >
> >
> > > > I think I may have cured myself unintentionally. I have had
rosacea
> > > > for about 10 years, with the last 4 or 5 being permenant and
> noticable
> > > > to some people (or at least now noticable to get occaisonal
> remarks).
> > > >
> > > > I was diagnosed with AS last year a form of arthritis, and in
> fighting
> > > > this problem I began what is called the low starch diet. This
> is not
> > > > adkins, but ends up somewhat similar. It is the elimination
of
> grains
> > > > from the diet.
> > > >
> > > > No wheat, corn, barley, oats.....but for some reason most
people can
> > > > eat rice. No potatoes, but sweet potatoes are tolerated
better. I
> > > > wind up eating lots of vegetable (which I like anyway) but
now eat
> > > > more fruit as well. I have been eating a limeted amount of
sprouted
> > > > grain bread, as the grains are sprouted so much of the starch
> converts
> > > > to sugars. Sugar is ok.
> > > >
> > > > After about a month of this diet my arthritis started
responding
> > > > favorably, but then I noticed my face was very clear. For
about the
> > > > past month I have had NO redness on my face, and the constant
slight
> > > > stingy hot feeling at the sides of my nose is completely
gone. That
> > > > area feels smoother and more moist. I used to put a heavy
cream
> > > > moisterizer on several times a day (Eucerin) and I dont need
to
> > > > anymore. Needless to say I am very happy about this.
> > > >
> > > > I dont know if this is because of my AS condition that this
> worked for
> > > > me.....like maybe the AS triggered the Rosacea....I dont
know.
> And I
> > > > dont know if this will work for others.....I am curious if
this will
> > > > help out anyone on here
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___