Friday, November 24, 2006

Re: [rosacea] Dark Chocolate and Flavanoids [was maltodextrin]

ROFL....that moderation will get you everytime! My downfall too! I love chocolate -- all except white chocolate (which from what I've heard isn't really chocolate) but I could easily give up milk chocolate if I was 'allowed' dark chocolate. As for the wine -- especially red, no temptation there. I prefer sweet German wines.

dfries2003 <dfries2003@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Ellen,

I'm not sure about dark chocolate necessarily being all that
rosacea-friendly, but some recent studies suggest that dark chocolate
(not milk chocolate unfortunately) is extremely high in beneficial
flavonoids which may help regulate blood pressure, cholesterol levels
and interestingly even insulin levels:

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/88/99702.htm

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/guide/prevention/nutrition/chocolate.htm

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20050813/food.asp

Evidently moderation is in order (CURSE YOU MODERATION!), but it's
always nice to learn that something so good might also be so good for
you, right? And in my mind, there's nothing better than enjoying a
good piece of dark chocolate with a great glass of red wine (double
your flavonoids and double your pleasure)...

Dan

--- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, ellen lafrancis
<ellenlafrancis@...> wrote:
>
> Mmmmm......Milk Duds. Those are a fond memory.....lost a crown to
one of those little boogers (and later what was left of the tooth). I
don't care much for Butterfingers but I do like those new
Buttterfingers -- the wafer kind. My drug of choice is Reeces Pieces
and I'm not good at stopping at the snack sized ones. My very
favorite though is DARK chocolate. Any chance that DARK chocolate is
safe to eat?????
>
> nurse_artist <nurse_artist@...> wrote: ha ha..that gave me
a good laugh! Actually, I prefer Milk Duds. Better
> yet, Butterfingers or Baby Ruths....yum. I can't remember the last
> time I ate a whole candy bar. Once in a blue moon I'll eat one of the
> snack sized ones. YUM.
>
> Artist
>
> --- In rosacea-support@yahoogroups.com, arteest103 <arteest103@>
> wrote:
> >
> > No, Artist, they are gross. :D (Sorry, Matija. But I AM sorry you
> miss
> > them so much!)
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


---------------------------------
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.

---------------------------------
Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
--
Please read the list highlights and FAQ: http://rosacea.ii.net
New ! Rosacea Support Resource Pages: http://rosacea-research.org/wiki
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New Message Search

Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

.

__,_._,___